Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

so again.......... my problem remains.!

praneethpraneeth Posts: 21Member
hello ppl,

so no one has yet gien me a good solution, so here it goes,...

can any one tell me how i can pass parameters to an array that resides in an external .js file.

i mean the js file contains the array defination and i need to send the array values as parameters from with in the HTML file i am calling the script from......................

if u know , do post a reply,............... if u dont ...... then plz dont waste my time.

Comments

• lillulillu Posts: 308Member
    Hi,

BTW, I don't remember your last post before this one but I may have a solution for this question.

When you have an external .js file you want to pass values to, the best way is to insert yourFunction(yourVar) where you want to call your script. Javascript will pass yourVar in the yourFunction function in your external .js file eg. like this:

function yourFunction(yourVar)
    {
    document.write(myVar);
    }

HTH,

Lillu

: hello ppl,
    :
    : so no one has yet gien me a good solution, so here it goes,...
    :
    : can any one tell me how i can pass parameters to an array that resides in an external .js file.
    :
    : i mean the js file contains the array defination and i need to send the array values as parameters from with in the HTML file i am calling the script from......................
    :
    : if u know , do post a reply,............... if u dont ...... then plz dont waste my time.
    :
    :

• Virtua KnightVirtua Knight Posts: 78Member
    ummmm, try this:
    [code]
    param1="example";
    param2="test";

[/code]

: hello ppl,
    :
    : so no one has yet gien me a good solution, so here it goes,...
    :
    : can any one tell me how i can pass parameters to an array that resides in an external .js file.
    :
    : i mean the js file contains the array defination and i need to send the array values as parameters from with in the HTML file i am calling the script from......................
    :
    : if u know , do post a reply,............... if u dont ...... then plz dont waste my time.
    :
    :

http://www.ocdn.fairmount.nu/ - Omnisoft - Quality webmaster scripts and services.