Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Splash Screen

MrKMrK Member Posts: 19
I want to create a splash screen the displays before my application. I have the main form calling the splash screen which is supposed to make to main form invisible until the splash screen is closed (either automatically or manually). I can't get the main form to become invisible. Am I doing this the best way, or is there a simpler method?

I tried using a normal form for the splash screen but I can't get rid of the Title bar that displays the caption.

Thanks for you help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I want to create a splash screen the displays before my application. I have the main form calling the splash screen which is supposed to make to main form invisible until the splash screen is closed (either automatically or manually). I can't get the main form to become invisible. Am I doing this the best way, or is there a simpler method?
    :
    : I tried using a normal form for the splash screen but I can't get rid of the Title bar that displays the caption.
    :
    : Thanks for you help.
    :
    Creating and showing a splash screen needs to be done in the project file itself. Here is the code on how to do it:
    [code]
    program Project1;

uses
    Forms,
    Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {Form1},
    Unit2 in 'Unit2.pas' {Form2};

{$R *.RES}

begin
    Application.Initialize;
    // Create the splash screen and show it
    Form2 := TForm2.Create(Application);
    Form2.ShowModal;
    // Continue the start-up and form creation
    Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);

// Run the program.
    Application.Run;
    end.
    [/code]
    The BorderStyle property controls the creation of the form's title bar. Set it to bsNone and you should loose the title, although this might not work in D7 running under XP.