AMD 486 CPU - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

AMD 486 CPU

Can anyone tell how I would wire up an AMD CPU to be controlled by switches? There should be an input to the CPU, that is usually fed OPCODES by something (ROM). I know there is a Clock as well. Is the AMD 486 64-bit, 32-bit, 16-bit 8-bit??? Basically for educational purposes, I want to have 8, 16, 32, etc, on/off switches to apply opcodes to the processor and a pushbutton to control the clock ticks. I know CPUs usually work off a clock at XXXX MHz. But if they only get the clock tick signal at a push of a button, I should be able to control the cycle of a CPU and test the outputs (depending on the OPCODE of course).

XsirAubrey
The search for knowledge is endless.