want to learn to program (mainly games) where do i start? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

want to learn to program (mainly games) where do i start?

i know nothing about programming but would like to learn. if anybody can help me on where to start it would be very helpful.

thanks

Comments

• : i know nothing about programming but would like to learn. if anybody can help me on where to start it would be very helpful.

: thanks

:

Ted,

If you know nothing about programming, then you've got a long way ahead of you before you're making a complete game, but it's a fun road.

I would recommend a college class or two to get the basics of programming, or there are several books out there that are great for beginners, and explain a lot of the basic concepts of programming. I learned most of the basic concepts of what I know from the book "Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus".

Good luck.

• You have to learn a programming language before you can do any type of programming, game or not. I would recommend C as a language, and C Programming For Dummies as a starter book.

• : i know nothing about programming but would like to learn. if anybody can help me on where to start it would be very helpful.

: thanks

:

As a follow up to the programmer above, I think you should learn C, goto cprogramming.com for your questions or here whichever you want.

but goto cprogramming.com and follow their links they will help.

lastly check at the library for books