Linked list in asm ( x86 ) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Linked list in asm ( x86 )

Barun kumarBarun kumar Posts: 6Member
Hey,
This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....

Barun Kumar

Comments

• codcod Posts: 20Member
    : Hey,
    : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....

linked list with dynamic-memory allocation?
    Yes or no?
    if no .. use db numberofbyte dup(0)

if yes, your operating system?
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : : Hey,
    : : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    :
    : linked list with dynamic-memory allocation?
    : Yes or no?
    : if no .. use db numberofbyte dup(0)
    :
    : if yes, your operating system?
    :
    [blue]Use functions from INT 21h: AH=48h to allocate memory and AH=49h to free it. Scan the web for "ralf brown" - you get the full interrupt list with all explanations.[/blue]
  • ChojinChojin Posts: 39Member
    : Hey,
    : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    :
    : Barun Kumar
    :

for allocate memory you use the function that your OS provides to you .
    normaly the OS dont let you allocate an random number of bytes , allocate is normaly made by blocks of bytes , so you have to make a function that manages the space that you dont need . for example if
    you need 3 bytes and your OS allocate memory at 512 bytes block than you need a function that manage this memory, next time that you need 3 bytes insted of allocate another block of memory you use the one that is still unused :) ...

sorry about the english :)

• Barun kumarBarun kumar Posts: 6Member
    : : Hey,
    : : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    : :
    : : Barun Kumar
    : :
    :
    : for allocate memory you use the function that your OS provides to you .
    : normaly the OS dont let you allocate an random number of bytes , allocate is normaly made by blocks of bytes , so you have to make a function that manages the space that you dont need . for example if
    : you need 3 bytes and your OS allocate memory at 512 bytes block than you need a function that manage this memory, next time that you need 3 bytes insted of allocate another block of memory you use the one that is still unused :) ...
    :
    : sorry about the english :)

Hey,
    Don't say sorry. I think, Your English is better to me.
    Thanks a lot for suggestion.

Barun
    :
    :
    :
    :