Linked list in asm ( x86 ) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Linked list in asm ( x86 )

Barun kumarBarun kumar Posts: 6Member
Hey,
This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....

Barun Kumar

Comments

• codcod Posts: 20Member
    : Hey,
    : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....

linked list with dynamic-memory allocation?
    Yes or no?
    if no .. use db numberofbyte dup(0)

if yes, your operating system?
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : : Hey,
    : : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    :
    : linked list with dynamic-memory allocation?
    : Yes or no?
    : if no .. use db numberofbyte dup(0)
    :
    : if yes, your operating system?
    :
    [blue]Use functions from INT 21h: AH=48h to allocate memory and AH=49h to free it. Scan the web for "ralf brown" - you get the full interrupt list with all explanations.[/blue]
  • ChojinChojin Posts: 39Member
    : Hey,
    : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    :
    : Barun Kumar
    :

for allocate memory you use the function that your OS provides to you .
    normaly the OS dont let you allocate an random number of bytes , allocate is normaly made by blocks of bytes , so you have to make a function that manages the space that you dont need . for example if
    you need 3 bytes and your OS allocate memory at 512 bytes block than you need a function that manage this memory, next time that you need 3 bytes insted of allocate another block of memory you use the one that is still unused :) ...

sorry about the english :)

• Barun kumarBarun kumar Posts: 6Member
    : : Hey,
    : : This is Barun. Fond of assembly language. But can't allocate memory in bytes. Want to implement linked list in asm. I use MASM compiler
    : : ( 8086 family processor ). Also want to know some books on graphics which I can buy in India.Help me please....
    : :
    : : Barun Kumar
    : :
    :
    : for allocate memory you use the function that your OS provides to you .
    : normaly the OS dont let you allocate an random number of bytes , allocate is normaly made by blocks of bytes , so you have to make a function that manages the space that you dont need . for example if
    : you need 3 bytes and your OS allocate memory at 512 bytes block than you need a function that manage this memory, next time that you need 3 bytes insted of allocate another block of memory you use the one that is still unused :) ...
    :
    : sorry about the english :)

Hey,
    Don't say sorry. I think, Your English is better to me.
    Thanks a lot for suggestion.

Barun
    :
    :
    :
    :