Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problems with compiling my source codes

obaseobase Member Posts: 5
I'm having problems with compiling my java source codes. At first, my command prompt would return: " 'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." So I added the bin subdirectory to my autoexec.bat file. Now when I try compiling, it brings the error message:

error: cannot read: HelloWorld.java
1 error

In command prompt, I successfully open the directory where this HelloWorld.java source code file is. And all cases are in proper order. But this error is always been return. Please tell me what to do.

Comments

• aveachaveach Member Posts: 5
    : I'm having problems with compiling my java source codes. At first, my command prompt would return: " 'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." So I added the bin subdirectory to my autoexec.bat file. Now when I try compiling, it brings the error message:
    :
    : error: cannot read: HelloWorld.java
    : 1 error
    :
    : In command prompt, I successfully open the directory where this HelloWorld.java source code file is. And all cases are in proper order. But this error is always been return. Please tell me what to do.
    :

Hmmm? not sure exactly why you are getting that? are you using an IDE or a text editor to write the code? If you are using a text editor make sure you are using a simple one like textpad that does not hide any formatting control characters behind the scenes.
    PS If you are using an IDE i would reccommend BlueJ for every beginner, thats what i use and it is very simple.