Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Windows functions questions

kLykLy Posts: 2Member
[b][red]This message was edited by kLy at 2003-7-16 7:32:0[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

I'm programming a file manager for my matric school project. I'd like to know how to access some of the built-in Windows functions. In particular:

1) The moving and copying file and directory functions. Not the Delphi ones but the Windows ones with the flying file animation. All I've gotten ahold of so far is Flyingf.zip (http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone2/cat264/2724.htm), but it is an old one for Windows95 and uses a unit called Win95 that was not included.

2) Displaying of the right-click file/folder context menu.

Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by kLy at 2003-7-16 7:32:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    :
    : I'm programming a file manager for my matric school project. I'd like to know how to access some of the built-in Windows functions. In particular:
    :
    : 1) The moving and copying file and directory functions. Not the Delphi ones but the Windows ones with the flying file animation. All I've gotten ahold of so far is Flyingf.zip (http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone2/cat264/2724.htm), but it is an old one for Windows95 and uses a unit called Win95 that was not included.
    :
    : 2) Displaying of the right-click file/folder context menu.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :
    1) Check out the TAnimate component in the Win32 page.

• kLykLy Posts: 2Member
    Thanks, I see the different AVI's here, but I'm not really looking for the animation itself, but for the function call to the copy/move windows function, since I find the CopyFile and MoveFile rather clumsy and the windows one will take care of all the various things like asking the user if he wants to move a read only file or if he wants to replace files etc.

thx
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Thanks, I see the different AVI's here, but I'm not really looking for the animation itself, but for the function call to the copy/move windows function, since I find the CopyFile and MoveFile rather clumsy and the windows one will take care of all the various things like asking the user if he wants to move a read only file or if he wants to replace files etc.
    :
    : thx
    :
    The functions you give here are the windows functions, but you could try CopyFileEx and MoveFileEx. Otherwise you need to write a wrapper function to ask the questions you want to ask.