Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

list box formatting

pinkiepinkie Posts: 34Member
i have a listbox in which text is to be displayed coloumn wise as shown below

1 ABCD 23 21 12
2 wwww 23 22 22

Right now i am storing each item of a row in a CString. And for displaying each row i use the following code

sDisplayStr.Format("%-10s%-10s%-10s%-10s%-10s%", sSlNo, sName, sText1, sText2, sText3);

where sSlNo = "1", sName = "ABCD", sText1 = "23", sText2 = "21", sText3 = "12"

I am not able to format the text properly. could anybody help me out please?
Also i want to know how do i change the font of the list box contents to courier new?

tnx
pinkie

Comments

• dwccgcdwccgc Posts: 576Member
    [blue]You are formating the text properly, you just need to change the font. There are two ways to change the font in a list box.

1) Change the font for your whole application to "Courier New" by using the dialog properties option in your resource editor.

2) Use the [/blue][red]OnDrawItem[/red][blue] method. See the below link for help.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_clistbox.3a3a.drawitem.asp

Just above and below the DrawText routine add the folloing code.
    [/blue]
    [code]
    CFont Font;
    CFont *pOldFont = NULL;
    if (Font.CreatePointFont(120, _T("Courier New"), &dc))
    {
    pOldFont = dc.SelectObject(&Font);
    }
    dc.DrawText(....);
    if (pOldFont != NULL)
    {
    dc.SelectObject(pOldFont);
    }
    [/code]

: i have a listbox in which text is to be displayed coloumn wise as shown below
    :
    : 1 ABCD 23 21 12
    : 2 wwww 23 22 22
    :
    : Right now i am storing each item of a row in a CString. And for displaying each row i use the following code
    :
    : sDisplayStr.Format("%-10s%-10s%-10s%-10s%-10s%", sSlNo, sName, sText1, sText2, sText3);
    :
    : where sSlNo = "1", sName = "ABCD", sText1 = "23", sText2 = "21", sText3 = "12"
    :
    : I am not able to format the text properly. could anybody help me out please?
    : Also i want to know how do i change the font of the list box contents to courier new?
    :
    : tnx
    : pinkie
    :

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [blue]The 'Courier' will force you to scroll back and forth horizontally to see the whole record. When formatting use ' ' to separate the strings from each other and in the dialog designer make sure the checkbox "Use Tabstops" is ON.[/blue][code]
    CString strRecord;
    CString strField1;
    CString strField2;
    CString strField3;

strRecord = strField1 + " " + strField2 + " " + strField3;
    GetDlgItem (IDC_LIST1)->AddString (strRecord);
    [/code]