Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Compressing files...need help here

ajinomotoajinomoto Posts: 3Member
[b][red]This message was edited by ajinomoto at 2003-7-14 20:0:47[/red][/b][hr]
Hi there.

I am using Acrobat PDF writer to compresses image files and for each different image file, i get different code. Below is the code i obtained after compressing a bitmap file with the word hello.

U&F_P5X_-m.,Bs+D3fs2#0BPanDo*IK!Efi?Jt.KX/tV6[*3ALR&"
s(,pWJ%pL"XY,]H"2QW`AHukk13Fg8_IXN54",ntGVWr1OoOdCTY`R?KQM5Q@$94+
&VL`fOcKM^Vm@A7PF3Orpujm%n8fI?jiM9Ams8AII5es0AFPs8QY$=8uhGHR_@S
+5'O*rKSNZfhrb2s8W-!^]XX&~>

May I know. How can I compress a file and get such code? The type of compression used is ASCII based 85 transformation.

Now, I am developing a program that compresses bitmap files. I use Acrobat to do the compressing for me so that I can get the code and use them in my codings. Therefore, they are all hard coded.

I wish to find materials on this type of compression and even an algorithm to help me to understand this, but seems like I did not manage to find such thing. Can you help?

Comments