PCB making - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PCB making

I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.

Comments

• korkor Posts: 198Member
    : I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    :
    I believe radioshack has kits for that, but it seems to be the one thing they're useful for. Otherwise, search online for a pcb supplier and order some to your specs. There are many free *nix programs to design them, and most of the places give you software to use.
  • dandekaramitdandekaramit Posts: 5Member
    : : I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    : :
    : I believe radioshack has kits for that, but it seems to be the one thing they're useful for. Otherwise, search online for a pcb supplier and order some to your specs. There are many free *nix programs to design them, and most of the places give you software to use.
    :

I know & use OrCAD very well. I can do the artwork very well
    What I want is the practical procedure of PCB manufacturing i.e. plated
    through hole tech, tinning, masking, etc. 1 can find many professionals
    doing this, but no one will tell. I want to become a PCB manufacturer. A person who leaved this field can tell. Can u?

Amit

[b][red]This message was edited by kor at 2003-7-15 11:31:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    : : :
    : : I believe radioshack has kits for that, but it seems to be the one thing they're useful for. Otherwise, search online for a pcb supplier and order some to your specs. There are many free *nix programs to design them, and most of the places give you software to use.
    :
    : I know & use OrCAD very well. I can do the artwork very well
    : What I want is the practical procedure of PCB manufacturing i.e. plated
    : through hole tech, tinning, masking, etc. 1 can find many professionals
    : doing this, but no one will tell. I want to become a PCB manufacturer. A person who leaved this field can tell. Can u?
    :
    : Amit
    :
    :
    Do some research, I just grabbed this real quick off of excite:
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/jules/pcb.htm
    Anyway, I'd recommend taking a couple chemestry classes, you'll need it. As far as I know, there are 2 different methods. The first involves creating a mask of some material that blocks a specific wavelength of light, then shining a light of that wavelength onto the copper plate on the pcb, in such a way that the light vaporizes the material.
    The second involves printing, on the circuit board copper, a material that resists a specific copper eating acid, then dunkingthe pcb in a tank of that acid until everything else is gone.
    I also believe it's possible to do it a third way, where you take the pcb material that you specifically chose because it doesn't burn before copper melts, coat it with something that copper doesn't bond to where you want no copper, and dunking it in molten copper. This seems like a good way to make plated through-holes, but they may become plugged and need to be repaired. Perhaps if the molten copper were placed on it like a printer, and there were a device to stick through the holes and coat the inside of them with a spray, it could work.

Also, check out
    http://www.pcbfab.com/
    It may help.
  • dandekaramitdandekaramit Posts: 5Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by kor at 2003-7-15 11:31:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    : : : :
    : : : I believe radioshack has kits for that, but it seems to be the one thing they're useful for. Otherwise, search online for a pcb supplier and order some to your specs. There are many free *nix programs to design them, and most of the places give you software to use.
    : : :
    : : I know & use OrCAD very well. I can do the artwork very well
    : : What I want is the practical procedure of PCB manufacturing i.e. plated
    : : through hole tech, tinning, masking, etc. 1 can find many professionals
    : : doing this, but no one will tell. I want to become a PCB manufacturer. A person who leaved this field can tell. Can u?
    : : Amit
    : Do some research, I just grabbed this real quick off of excite:
    : http://members.lycos.co.uk/jules/pcb.htm
    : Anyway, I'd recommend taking a couple chemestry classes, you'll need it. As far as I know, there are 2 different methods. The first involves creating a mask of some material that blocks a specific wavelength of light, then shining a light of that wavelength onto the copper plate on the pcb, in such a way that the light vaporizes the material.
    : The second involves printing, on the circuit board copper, a material that resists a specific copper eating acid, then dunkingthe pcb in a tank of that acid until everything else is gone.
    : I also believe it's possible to do it a third way, where you take the pcb material that you specifically chose because it doesn't burn before copper melts, coat it with something that copper doesn't bond to where you want no copper, and dunking it in molten copper. This seems like a good way to make plated through-holes, but they may become plugged and need to be repaired. Perhaps if the molten copper were placed on it like a printer, and there were a device to stick through the holes and coat the inside of them with a spray, it could work.
    :
    : Also, check out
    : http://www.pcbfab.com/
    : It may help.
    :

thanks for that I'll be looking at this & ask u for any query

• quicksightsquicksights Posts: 15Member
    for first time designers i recommend using pcb designer ive used it for manual routing. check out boondog.com. and copy the schematic for 8255 interface card and have a pinout of the isa slot. its like connect the dots. most lines from the component side to the solder sides criss cross
    for example the lines from the component side is horizontal and the solder side is vertical. to make a connection put a node or a via hole where the lines crosses on both sides if you want connectivity from both sides. i recommend size of node to be 6mm or 7 and designate your desired size of drill hole. my friends and i call this an internal jumper.

when youve etched your pcb using photoetch or whatever and dissolving the unwanted copper using ferric chloride or whatever. first thing to do is drill all your internal jumpers using .5mm drill bit and insert a very thin solid copper wire that would fit in the hole. then fold the wire from the other side making an L then cut the wire from your side then fold it. after youve done all the internal jumpers cut the excess wire using a cutter or a small wire cutter as much as possible short enough that it would not exceed the size of the node.

ow, you can drill the other drill holes first but before you put anything for soldering work on the jumpers first because the internal jumpers could be under anything like ic holders(i forgot the name)

there are lot of methods but thats what i use because ive made lots of pcb and it works. practice makes perfect just be sure not to practice on your real project.

: I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    :

: for first time designers i recommend using pcb designer ive used it for manual routing. check out boondog.com. and copy the schematic for 8255 interface card and have a pinout of the isa slot. its like connect the dots. most lines from the component side to the solder sides criss cross
    : for example the lines from the component side is horizontal and the solder side is vertical. to make a connection put a node or a via hole where the lines crosses on both sides if you want connectivity from both sides. i recommend size of node to be 6mm or 7 and designate your desired size of drill hole. my friends and i call this an internal jumper.
    :
    : when youve etched your pcb using photoetch or whatever and dissolving the unwanted copper using ferric chloride or whatever. first thing to do is drill all your internal jumpers using .5mm drill bit and insert a very thin solid copper wire that would fit in the hole. then fold the wire from the other side making an L then cut the wire from your side then fold it. after youve done all the internal jumpers cut the excess wire using a cutter or a small wire cutter as much as possible short enough that it would not exceed the size of the node.
    :
    : ow, you can drill the other drill holes first but before you put anything for soldering work on the jumpers first because the internal jumpers could be under anything like ic holders(i forgot the name)
    :
    : there are lot of methods but thats what i use because ive made lots of pcb and it works. practice makes perfect just be sure not to practice on your real project.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : I want procedure for making 2 side PCB's Anybody knows it? A link to E-book is welcomed.
    :
    :
    It may work well, but it's a bit time-consuming for professional manufacture, and it definitely isn't up to any spec, so most companies won't accept that. Plus, you just can't solder an ic or resistor through that hole, the solder won't act right since it's not a true plated through-hole.