Adding a record via datagrid. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Adding a record via datagrid.

Bill_HBill_H Posts: 1Member
Background: I've got a datagrid that I'm using to add a new record. Works like a charm, set up the footer to accept input, hide it until a button is pressed, show the footer, get the input, add. The footer is set up with edititemtemplates, so that I could embed an dropdownlist into it.

Question: I've got buttons that basically say Add X, and Add Y, both of which show the footer. What I need to do is rebind the embedded dropdownlist depending on which button was pressed. I can't seem to get to the object. Any ideas?

First time poster here. Looks like a great board!