link to hotmail or yahoo inbox from another website. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

link to hotmail or yahoo inbox from another website.

deepasudarsandeepasudarsan Posts: 3Member
Hi,
I am designing a webpage, and I have a requirement. I want to have a facility in my webpage, such that when i enter my hotmail or yahoo email and password it should take me to my inbox directly.
Is this possible? Please help me out.
thanks
regards
deepa sudarsan.

Comments

• WaltPWaltP Posts: 335Member
    : Hi,
    : I am designing a webpage, and I have a requirement. I want to have a facility in my webpage, such that when i enter my hotmail or yahoo email and password it should take me to my inbox directly.
    : Is this possible? Please help me out.
    : thanks
    : regards
    : deepa sudarsan.
    :
    Probably not, at least with Yahoo. You'd have to contact them to see what your link should look like to bypass their username/password screen.

----------------
    Walt

• compuchipcompuchip Posts: 273Member
    Have you tried setting your form's action to the action of the Hotmail login-form?
    In other words, kinda copy the hotmail form but in your own layout?

: : Hi,
    : : I am designing a webpage, and I have a requirement. I want to have a facility in my webpage, such that when i enter my hotmail or yahoo email and password it should take me to my inbox directly.
    : : Is this possible? Please help me out.
    : : thanks
    : : regards
    : : deepa sudarsan.
    : :

• KartugKartug Posts: 8Member
    You could try to write a script that will simply take the username and password from your page and paste it in the proper fields on the logon page. Others things probably wont work. Im using a similar script on my webpage for search engines. check it out if you want:
    http://www.xischina.com/Content/Academics/Web_Pages/Search Engine/Index.htm

: Have you tried setting your form's action to the action of the Hotmail login-form?
    : In other words, kinda copy the hotmail form but in your own layout?
    :
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I am designing a webpage, and I have a requirement. I want to have a facility in my webpage, such that when i enter my hotmail or yahoo email and password it should take me to my inbox directly.
    : : : Is this possible? Please help me out.
    : : : thanks
    : : : regards
    : : : deepa sudarsan.
    : : :
    :
    :

• anthony78anthony78 Posts: 18Member
    hi,

i also have a problem similar to this. Is it possible to submit(send) a form directly to a mailbox? (eg. the webpage is a subscription page) if possible is it possible to save the "edited" (eg. subscription) webpage and send to the mailbox as an html attachment??

thanks in advance.
  • KartugKartug Posts: 8Member
    Dont know if thats possible but you could take a look at this script here. Its for a mailing list and you could modify it to suit youre needs:
    http://javascript.internet.com/forms/mailing-list.html#source

: hi,
    :
    : i also have a problem similar to this. Is it possible to submit(send) a form directly to a mailbox? (eg. the webpage is a subscription page) if possible is it possible to save the "edited" (eg. subscription) webpage and send to the mailbox as an html attachment??
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :

• niksad008niksad008 Posts: 32Member
    : hi,
    :
    : i also have a problem similar to this. Is it possible to submit(send) a form directly to a mailbox? (eg. the webpage is a subscription page) if possible is it possible to save the "edited" (eg. subscription) webpage and send to the mailbox as an html attachment??
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    :

Ok One way of doing this is to use remote CGI scripts there are many out there and it is not that hard to write one as long as you know he POP3 protocol. Any look for form handling CGI remote scripts on the internet you should be able to find enought. There are many free ones that you will be able to use to. What these scripts do is take the submission from your webpage and sent it to the desired emailaddress and this all can happen when the Stupid lookout butting in.