Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Multiple views in a window

empohjolempohjol Posts: 3Member
How can I have multiple views (derived from CView) in a window's clien area (CWnd), without a splitter window?
I need to be able to place the views freely in the window, and later move them. Can somebody tell me how to create the views, attach a document to it, move it to the right place in the window and show it.

Another following question: Is it possible to receive mouse messages in the view when the mouse passes over it, that are relative to the upper-left corner of the view?

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : How can I have multiple views (derived from CView) in a window's clien area (CWnd), without a splitter window?
    : I need to be able to place the views freely in the window, and later move them. Can somebody tell me how to create the views, attach a document to it, move it to the right place in the window and show it.
    :
    : Another following question: Is it possible to receive mouse messages in the view when the mouse passes over it, that are relative to the upper-left corner of the view?
    :

[blue]sounds like an MDI project??[/blue]
  • empohjolempohjol Posts: 3Member
    : : How can I have multiple views (derived from CView) in a window's clien area (CWnd), without a splitter window?
    : : I need to be able to place the views freely in the window, and later move them. Can somebody tell me how to create the views, attach a document to it, move it to the right place in the window and show it.
    : :
    : : Another following question: Is it possible to receive mouse messages in the view when the mouse passes over it, that are relative to the upper-left corner of the view?
    : :
    :
    : [blue]sounds like an MDI project??[/blue]
    :

Yes, and no. I have already many MDI-child windows, but I need multiple views in every child window.
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    I've had some success at doing it with a simple CView-derived class. The class below is the original view. I have been able to make the window resizeable, but not moveable.

[code]
    void CTestViewView::OnInitialUpdate()
    {
    CView::OnInitialUpdate();
    // This code creates another CView view and
    // attaches it to the top-half of the current
    // view.
    ModifyStyle(0,WS_MAXIMIZE);
    CMyEditView *pEditView;
    pEditView = new CMyEditView;
    CDocument* pDoc = GetDocument();
    // The new view will occupy the top half of
    // the parent's window area.
    CRect rect;
    GetClientRect(rect);
    rect.bottom /= 2;
    // This attaches the new view to the CDocument
    // class.
    CCreateContext context;
    context.m_pCurrentDoc = pDoc;
    // The styles are not quite righ. Windows does not seen to
    // like or use all the styles listed below.
    pEditView->Create(NULL,
    "CMyEditViewClass",
    WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_THICKFRAME|WS_BORDER|WS_OVERLAPPED|WS_SYSMENU|WS_CAPTION|
    WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_MINIMIZEBOX, rect, this,100, &context);

}
    [/code]