Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Microsoft Passport not redirecting??

aarnottaarnott Posts: 3Member
Can anyone give me the shortest snippet of code available _that_works_ that allows users to log into my web site using Passport? I already have a Site ID issued by the Passport.Com site, and I've installed the SDK on my Windows 2003 Server. And I've typed up what code I think is appropriate. But my problem is that when I click on the Passport "Sign-In" button on my home page, the page just refreshes with a big long querystring tagged onto the end of the URL, and nothing in effect happens.

Here's the code I'm using in my Form_Load event:
phPassportSignIn.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl( _
Passport.LogoTag2(Request.PathInfo, 14400, False, _
Nothing, -1, Request.IsSecureConnection, _
Nothing, 0, False)))

Please help!

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : Can anyone give me the shortest snippet of code available _that_works_ that allows users to log into my web site using Passport? I already have a Site ID issued by the Passport.Com site, and I've installed the SDK on my Windows 2003 Server. And I've typed up what code I think is appropriate. But my problem is that when I click on the Passport "Sign-In" button on my home page, the page just refreshes with a big long querystring tagged onto the end of the URL, and nothing in effect happens.
    :
    : Here's the code I'm using in my Form_Load event:
    : phPassportSignIn.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl( _
    : Passport.LogoTag2(Request.PathInfo, 14400, False, _
    : Nothing, -1, Request.IsSecureConnection, _
    : Nothing, 0, False)))
    :
    :
    : Please help!
    :

You didn't mention the web.config, so I will. It should have the following:

I've never actually used Passport authentication, but if your machine is all set up with the sdk you should be good as gold. It appears that asp.net will automatically detect a user that hasn't been authenticated and will redirect for you. It also appears that MS will redirect back to the originally requested page automatically.

-Ray
  • aarnottaarnott Posts: 3Member
    :
    :
    :
    :

I hadn't put in the tag. I put it in and the site is redirecting to an authentication error page, stating that the user needs to log in using passport and provides the Sign-In button for me. But even that MS generated page isn't redirecting when you click on the Sign-In button. When I click on it, the page appears to remain the same while the URL changes to:
    http://testinstitute.byu.edu/Default.aspx?msppchlg=1&mspplogin=https://login.passport-ppe.com/ppsecure/secure.srf?lc=1033&id=41169&ru=http%3a%2f%2ftestinstitute.byu.edu%2fDefault.aspx&tw=1800&kv=1&ct=1057673735&ems=1&seclog=10&ver=2.1.6000.1&tpf=3432e88e6f65a6ce67e298d23f2ee2a0
    from the original, which was everything before the question mark. Any more ideas?
    Sounds like you are half way there. Are you using the development version of the PassportSDK? There are two versions, one for development and one for production. Even if you are, the dev version should be working.

-ray
  • aarnottaarnott Posts: 3Member
    : Sounds like you are half way there. Are you using the development version of the PassportSDK? There are two versions, one for development and one for production. Even if you are, the dev version should be working.
    :
    : -ray
    :

Hmmm... I know I'm set to the Pre-Production stage, but as for the edition of the SDK itself, I've installed the one I downloaded from:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/websrvpass.asp

It looks like this is the Dev version, but is there a different, production version out there? Or are you just referring to Pre- vs. Production stage?
    : : Sounds like you are half way there. Are you using the development version of the PassportSDK? There are two versions, one for development and one for production. Even if you are, the dev version should be working.
    : :
    : : -ray
    : :
    :
    : Hmmm... I know I'm set to the Pre-Production stage, but as for the edition of the SDK itself, I've installed the one I downloaded from:
    : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/websrvpass.asp
    :
    : It looks like this is the Dev version, but is there a different, production version out there? Or are you just referring to Pre- vs. Production stage?
    :

Speaking only from training and not from actual experience I think that there are two different versions of the sdk. Maybe the Production version is "unlocked" from the dev version once its licensed. Not sure. In any event, the whole purpose of the dev version is to try it out and work out any kinks before you license/go-live. You are almost working but not yet. You probably have two different issues: dev version and an unknown misconfig.

-ray