Drop down box - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Drop down box

Luke92881Luke92881 Posts: 10Member
Hi, I've not used much Java Scripting before, however I am finding a need to use it now. I have been trying to study up a little on it, but I cant find what I exactly need.

What I want to do is the following.....
I want some kind of drop down box or a box where you can type in a number.
Once this is done, I want that choice to display in a second box the result.

For Instance, if I was to put the number ten in box 1, I would want the result to be maybe 150. It is part of a database I need to put up on a website Im working on for a freind.

Comments

• dx_myrddraaldx_myrddraal Posts: 22Member
    : Hi, I've not used much Java Scripting before, however I am finding a need to use it now. I have been trying to study up a little on it, but I cant find what I exactly need.
    :
    : What I want to do is the following.....
    : I want some kind of drop down box or a box where you can type in a number.
    : Once this is done, I want that choice to display in a second box the result.
    :
    : For Instance, if I was to put the number ten in box 1, I would want the result to be maybe 150. It is part of a database I need to put up on a website Im working on for a freind.
    :
    for the drop down box: try insrting it into layers, play around with it's visibility...done.
    user types in ten in box 1. ask the user to click a button, run your scripts to process the input data, and asign the output value to another textbox (in another layer if you please)