How can you view all files? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How can you view all files?

DOSerDOSer Posts: 2Member
Can you use MS-DOS promt to somehow view ALL the files you've ever visited? I thought it'd be sort of interesting to view like.. what websites I look at when I first got compuiter.

when I say ALL files I mean web addresses, THUMBs, pictures, everything like that. Is there a way using DOS? If not, how else can I access this?

Please help.

Comments

• slicer69slicer69 Posts: 272Member
    I'm not sure where the directory is on a pure DOS box. However from the Windows command line you can do a "dir" on the temporary internet folder:
    dir c:windows empor~1 /s

Perhaps there is a simular folder on your DOS machine.

: Can you use MS-DOS promt to somehow view ALL the files you've ever visited? I thought it'd be sort of interesting to view like.. what websites I look at when I first got compuiter.
    :
    : when I say ALL files I mean web addresses, THUMBs, pictures, everything like that. Is there a way using DOS? If not, how else can I access this?
    :
    : Please help.
    :

• DOSerDOSer Posts: 2Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DOSer at 2003-7-3 22:20:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : I'm not sure where the directory is on a pure DOS box. However from the Windows command line you can do a "dir" on the temporary internet folder:
    : dir c:windows empor~1 /s
    :
    tempor~1 /s? it didnt work. I not sure if you have to use DOS to view them, actually I'm most sure you dont, I just wanted to know. Anyone else?

EDIT:It worked. But after I do it, it says /s-to many paremiters

What is this?

• blipblip Posts: 756Member
    You probably got the "too many parameters" error because you used a file with spaces in its name without putting quotes around it.