Memory Table Abort method - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Memory Table Abort method

sudendrasudendra Posts: 17Member
Hi,

I am using a DBGrid to which I have a memory table connected.I dosplay the data of memory table to the user.When the user edits the data then the same is getting posted in the database.Now when the user tries to enter say 'w' in boolean field else deletes required field of table and tries to post then access violation / exception is thrown by system.I tried to handle this by aborting the operation of memory table on the 'onposterror' event of it.It does rollback the changes but gives an exception to the user.Apart from the exception all is fine and also after the exception is thrown the application works fine there after.

Pointers to the same would be appreciated.