Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can I control the output format of type float?

Hi!

When I use write or writeln to output some float number on terminal or textfile, it usually print out the float with very long scientific notation. Can I just change the output format? such as keep only 3 significant digits.

Thank you!

Comments

• earth_walkerearth_walker Posts: 184Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by earth_walker at 2003-7-1 11:31:16[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi! I find the routine FormatFloat.

However, is there any way for me to make the positive number have the same length as its opposite negative number/
    for example, if we use the format string '0.000E+00' to 1234, the result will be '1.234E+03'. However, if use this format string to -1234, result will be '-1.234E+03', how can I make the result string of 1234 to ' 1.234E+03'?

Thank you!

• earth_walkerearth_walker Posts: 184Member
    For example, if I want all Integer output 4 digits, can I convert 28 to ' 28' instead of '28'?

Thank you!

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : For example, if I want all Integer output 4 digits, can I convert 28 to ' 28' instead of '28'?
    :
    : Thank you!
    :
    :
    The following code will work in both cases:
    [code]
    s := some number conversion;
    while Length(s) < SomeLength do
    s := ' ' + s;
    [/code]
    Thus in case of an integer it becomes:
    [code]
    s := IntToStr(28);
    while Length(s) < 4 do
    s := ' ' + s;
    [/code]
    If you want to have an output of 0028, you can also use the Format() statement:
    [code]
    s := Format('%.4d', [28]);
    [/code]