Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can Javascript do this? (e-mail inside a bookmark)

wolfthemagewolfthemage Posts: 6Member
I have this script on my site:

Bookmark Us!

Is there any way I can make a script that will e-mail me whenever "bookmark us" is clicked? Can I have the subject filled in automatically? For example, if somebody clicks "bookmark us" a e-mail with subject line "20search.com has been bookmarked" is sent to my mailbox. Thanks, Wolf

www.20search.com - YOUR favorite search engines - faster, easier better!

Comments

• lillulillu Posts: 308Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by lillu at 2003-6-28 17:5:32[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi Wolf,

These two scripts do not send the mail silently. There may be methods that do so but I'm sure they would raise security issues.

1. When the bookmark dialog comes up you'd have to find out which button was pressed eventually(OK, cancel or close or esc?)
    2. There is no way in javascript to get info about what is happening in the browser itself.
    3. If you use the mailto prefix, the user's default mail software will come up and they have to send the message manually. (1. html)
    4. If you send the message as a form using the post method, the user will have to confirm the sending of data along in the address bar.
    (2. html)

function bookmark()
    {
    window.external.AddFavorite("http://www.20search.com','20search.com - Better web search")
    }

function bookmark()
    {
    window.external.AddFavorite("http://www.20search.com','20search.com - Better web search")
    }

Bookmark Us!

lillu

: I have this script on my site:
    :
    : Bookmark Us!
    :
    : Is there any way I can make a script that will e-mail me whenever "bookmark us" is clicked? Can I have the subject filled in automatically? For example, if somebody clicks "bookmark us" a e-mail with subject line "20search.com has been bookmarked" is sent to my mailbox. Thanks, Wolf
    :
    : www.20search.com - YOUR favorite search engines - faster, easier better!
    :