Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ActiveX cannot create object MSXML2.0

kel1981bkel1981b Posts: 852Member
We built Asp Application using MSXML 4.0 DOM. Everything works perfect on developers' machines and user machines where MSXML 4.0 Parser was installed. Unfortunately, it did not work if Parser 4.0 was not installed. We got Error message like "ActiveX cannot create object on MSXML 2.0 DOM ... " or something like that. Is there where way to fix this problem without installation of Parser 4.0?

I regret to say that but I need help ASAP

Thanks a lot for any help/advise/suggestions.

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by raymcd at 2003-6-26 13:42:45[/red][/b][hr]
    : We built Asp Application using MSXML 4.0 DOM. Everything works perfect on developers' machines and user machines where MSXML 4.0 Parser was installed. Unfortunately, it did not work if Parser 4.0 was not installed. We got Error message like "ActiveX cannot create object on MSXML 2.0 DOM ... " or something like that. Is there where way to fix this problem without installation of Parser 4.0?
    :
    : I regret to say that but I need help ASAP
    :
    : Thanks a lot for any help/advise/suggestions.
    :

No. You need the dll registered on the machine that is creating the object. I am not sure exactly what dll you need. This is strange for asp. Unless you are using client side activeX, only the server needs the object. The client should just be getting the resulting HTML.

Are you using Server.CreateObject()? (I assume not since its a client issue)
    Are you passing the xml to the client and letting the browser parse it?
    Are you using an tag to create an activeX object on the client?

Maybe if you posted more info I could be more useful. :)

-ray

• kel1981bkel1981b Posts: 852Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by raymcd at 2003-6-26 13:42:45[/red][/b][hr]
    : : We built Asp Application using MSXML 4.0 DOM. Everything works perfect on developers' machines and user machines where MSXML 4.0 Parser was installed. Unfortunately, it did not work if Parser 4.0 was not installed. We got Error message like "ActiveX cannot create object on MSXML 2.0 DOM ... " or something like that. Is there where way to fix this problem without installation of Parser 4.0?
    : :
    : : I regret to say that but I need help ASAP
    : : Thanks a lot for any help/advise/suggestions.
    :
    : No. You need the dll registered on the machine that is creating the object.
    [blue]We using the DOM and it's registered on IIS server[/blue] I am not sure exactly what dll you need. [blue]It's MSXML 4.0[/blue] This is strange for asp. Unless you are using client side activeX, only the server needs the object. [blue] This portion of code were wriiten by another person and I have to check it but I thing this is our problem.[/blue] The client should just be getting the resulting HTML.
    :
    : Are you using Server.CreateObject()? (I assume not since its a client issue)
    : Are you passing the xml to the client and letting the browser parse it?
    : Are you using an tag to create an activeX object on the client?
    :
    : Maybe if you posted more info I could be more useful. :)
    :
    : -ray
    :
    [blue]Thanks for your reply[/blue]
    :

: : [b][red]This message was edited by raymcd at 2003-6-26 13:42:45[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : We built Asp Application using MSXML 4.0 DOM. Everything works perfect on developers' machines and user machines where MSXML 4.0 Parser was installed. Unfortunately, it did not work if Parser 4.0 was not installed. We got Error message like "ActiveX cannot create object on MSXML 2.0 DOM ... " or something like that. Is there where way to fix this problem without installation of Parser 4.0?
    : : :
    : : : I regret to say that but I need help ASAP
    : : : Thanks a lot for any help/advise/suggestions.
    : : No. You need the dll registered on the machine that is creating the object.
    : [blue]We using the DOM and it's registered on IIS server[/blue] I am not sure exactly what dll you need. [blue]It's MSXML 4.0[/blue] This is strange for asp. Unless you are using client side activeX, only the server needs the object. [blue] This portion of code were wriiten by another person and I have to check it but I thing this is our problem.[/blue] The client should just be getting the resulting HTML.
    : : Are you using Server.CreateObject()? (I assume not since its a client issue)
    : : Are you passing the xml to the client and letting the browser parse it?
    : : Are you using an tag to create an activeX object on the client?
    : : Maybe if you posted more info I could be more useful. :)
    : : -ray
    : [blue]Thanks for your reply[/blue]
    :
    :
    I took a look at the code and found out that everything was done on server site. So it's not that kind of problem.
  • raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by raymcd at 2003-6-26 13:42:45[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : We built Asp Application using MSXML 4.0 DOM. Everything works perfect on developers' machines and user machines where MSXML 4.0 Parser was installed. Unfortunately, it did not work if Parser 4.0 was not installed. We got Error message like "ActiveX cannot create object on MSXML 2.0 DOM ... " or something like that. Is there where way to fix this problem without installation of Parser 4.0?
    : : : I regret to say that but I need help ASAP
    : : : Thanks a lot for any help/advise/suggestions.
    : : No. You need the dll registered on the machine that is creating the object.
    : [blue]We using the DOM and it's registered on IIS server[/blue] I am not sure exactly what dll you need. [blue]It's MSXML 4.0[/blue] This is strange for asp. Unless you are using client side activeX, only the server needs the object. [blue] This portion of code were wriiten by another person and I have to check it but I thing this is our problem.[/blue] The client should just be getting the resulting HTML.
    : : Are you using Server.CreateObject()? (I assume not since its a client issue)
    : : Are you passing the xml to the client and letting the browser parse it?
    : : Are you using an tag to create an activeX object on the client?
    : : Maybe if you posted more info I could be more useful. :)
    : : -ray
    : [blue]Thanks for your reply[/blue]
    :
    Registering on the IIS server does you absolutely no good in solving this particular problem. It's obviously a client issue because some clients work and some don't. So the fact that you need the dll registered on every single client that uses it is unchanged.

You can't use client side activeX without proper planning. The users need to be able to download the control or they need it installed prior to using the app. Also, I assume this to be a non-issue but you can't use this app in Netscape. Only MS IE can use ActiveX controls. I would normally assume that you already planned for that, but someone didn't plan for the control to be installed at all so whoever planned the deployment phase obviously didn't look at the architecture too closely.

I'm not all knowing, but I really can't think of too many reasons why you can't parse the xml on the server and send it down as HTML. Not to suggest that one size fits all, but a real slick solution when working with xml is to transform it to html using a model/view/controller design pattern and xslt.

Hope that's helpful.

-ray

[b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2003-6-30 8:47:23[/red][/b][hr]
    Registering on the IIS server does you absolutely no good in solving this particular problem. It's obviously a client issue because some clients work and some don't. So the fact that you need the dll registered on every single client that uses it is unchanged.
    :
    : You can't use client side activeX without proper planning. The users need to be able to download the control or they need it installed prior to using the app. Also, I assume this to be a non-issue but you can't use this app in Netscape. Only MS IE can use ActiveX controls. I would normally assume that you already planned for that, but someone didn't plan for the control to be installed at all so whoever planned the deployment phase obviously didn't look at the architecture too closely.
    :
    : I'm not all knowing, but I really can't think of too many reasons why you can't parse the xml on the server and send it down as HTML. Not to suggest that one size fits all, but a real slick solution when working with xml is to transform it to html using a model/view/controller design pattern and xslt.
    :
    : Hope that's helpful.
    :
    : -ray
    :
    :
    Thanks for your reply but this is not what I am looking for.