Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Simple but good quality MP3 player for DOS

Can anybody help me with this?

What Im searching for is an MP3 player (if possible the source code in C/C++) without a graphic presentation (just in text mode).

My objetive is to translate the visual information to an LCD display and install a PC without monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. in my car.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks.

Guido.

Comments

• I think you can use this:

http://mpxf.mp3car.com/

/Henrik

• : Can anybody help me with this?

: What Im searching for is an MP3 player (if possible the source code in C/C++) without a graphic presentation (just in text mode).

: My objetive is to translate the visual information to an LCD display and install a PC without monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. in my car.

: Sorry for my bad english.

: Thanks.

: Guido.

:

I am doing the same thing with you. But i don't know how to boot the PC that without Monitor and keyboard.

Does anyone can give me help???

Thanks!!!!!!!!

• Ciao Guido sono Santo,

Sto cercando un algoritmo che mi permetta di decodificare gli Mp3.

Se hai qualcosa contattami al mio indirizzo di posta elettronica.

PS fammi sapere il tuo indirizzo

Ciao

• I have solved almost all the problems of installing my old PC in my car as an MP3-CD player:
    1) I found the source code of a asm/c decoder for MP3
    2) I found the source code in ASM for playing the CDs
    3) I am doing DMA to load the mp3s in the memory,because CD-ROMs not designed for cars have little buffer-they have sound gaps when playing! So I load the MP3s once (I have 40MBs of memory on my old 75Mhz computer)...
    4) Then when I had the complete system set-up...
    F### !!!!!! You need a damn keyboard and a monitor adapter to start the OS!!! This is because BIOS routine hungs up at start up if it doesn't find them. So the only solution I can think of, since the BIOS routines are installed first...is to change the bios EEPROM...with one that doesn't support the 2 directives above! Really shity situation...ha?