Can anybody send it? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can anybody send it?

prem_krprem_kr Posts: 1Member
Hi Friends,

Can anybody send the difference between RTOS and other OS in detail?

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Can anybody send the difference between RTOS and other OS in detail?
    I'm not an expert in the field, so this is the textbook answer to your question. :-)

Real time operating systems need to respond to a set of data about the conditions of a system in an amount of time that allows them to influence the next set of data. Response times generally need to be in a number of milliseconds. Therefore running the right proccesses at the right times and sharing resources efficiently are extremely important. RTOSes are often found in mission critical situations - the only area I've ever touched them was when I did a couple of weeks work experience years ago at a place that made oil and gas metering sosftware. Was an interesting placement...

Other types of OS include batch operating systems (you give them something to do, they go away and do it without further user interaction) and interactive operating systems (like Windows; they respond to instructions given by the user). On these types of OS, responding to things quickly isn't such an issue.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");