Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Internet Explorer Web Controls

happyhappy Posts: 11Member
I have tried to install Internet Explorer Web Controls. The install shield wizard, which after it has done its work, displays the readme.txt, which gives instructions to build the IE web controls. Instruction 2 is "Run Build.bat". I had to alter build.bat so that it could find CSC.exe, but the output is still very disapointing.

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights
reserved.

src reeview.cs(1193,13): warning
CS0618: 'System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform.Transform
(System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator,
System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, System.IO.Stream)' is
obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform()
method'

C:Program FilesIE Web Controls>xcopy srcRuntime
buildRuntime /E /Y /I /Q
'xcopy' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.

I can do the xcopy through windows, but I don't understand the 'XmlResolver to Transform() method'. The whole problem could be in the Build.bat file where a path statement seems to be missing.

I would appreciate some advice.

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : I have tried to install Internet Explorer Web Controls. The install shield wizard, which after it has done its work, displays the readme.txt, which gives instructions to build the IE web controls. Instruction 2 is "Run Build.bat". I had to alter build.bat so that it could find CSC.exe, but the output is still very disapointing.
    :
    : Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights
    : reserved.
    :
    : src reeview.cs(1193,13): warning
    : CS0618: 'System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform.Transform
    : (System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator,
    : System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, System.IO.Stream)' is
    : obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform()
    : method'
    :
    : C:Program FilesIE Web Controls>xcopy srcRuntime
    : buildRuntime /E /Y /I /Q
    : 'xcopy' is not recognized as an internal or external
    : command, operable program or batch file.
    :
    : I can do the xcopy through windows, but I don't understand the 'XmlResolver to Transform() method'. The whole problem could be in the Build.bat file where a path statement seems to be missing.
    :
    : I would appreciate some advice.
    :
    First, the treeview.cs file is outputting trace(I'm assuming debug has been stripped for release) to the console. Second, it looks like you have DotNet Framework 1.1 and the source is intended for 1.0. I don't know for sure, but there's really only been 1 update to the framework and that's pretty much the only way you could have an "obsolete" usage. This looks like a broken backward compatibility issue.

At least that's what I'm guessing.

-ray