Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Why did they bother?

MikeT52MikeT52 Member Posts: 3
I apologize for this message as it is no value to anyone else here but as a non-techy I wanted to know why Windows XP is to me a huge step back as OS go. I find it absolutely appalling and an absolute disgrace that Microsoft dared to launch this piece of s..t on an unsuspecting public with such fanfare. I have had nothing but problems since installing it and cannot remember an error free day.....and it is not just one problem...there are problems with absolutely every element of of it. Trust me Mr. Gates, my next computer purchase will be anything but Windows

Comments

• slicer69slicer69 Member Posts: 272
    Maybe you're just (excuse me) a bad sys-admin. I'll be the first to point out XP's many secuirty or non-compatiblity problems. However, XP is a very stable and easy-to-use OS. When maintained properly, it doesn't crash, is very easy to use and performs quickly. Maybe you need a Mac.

: I apologize for this message as it is no value to anyone else here but as a non-techy I wanted to know why Windows XP is to me a huge step back as OS go. I find it absolutely appalling and an absolute disgrace that Microsoft dared to launch this piece of s..t on an unsuspecting public with such fanfare. I have had nothing but problems since installing it and cannot remember an error free day.....and it is not just one problem...there are problems with absolutely every element of of it. Trust me Mr. Gates, my next computer purchase will be anything but Windows
    :

• MikeT52MikeT52 Member Posts: 3
    : Maybe you're just (excuse me) a bad sys-admin. I'll be the first to point out XP's many secuirty or non-compatiblity problems. However, XP is a very stable and easy-to-use OS. When maintained properly, it doesn't crash, is very easy to use and performs quickly. Maybe you need a Mac.
    :
    : : I apologize for this message as it is no value to anyone else here but as a non-techy I wanted to know why Windows XP is to me a huge step back as OS go. I find it absolutely appalling and an absolute disgrace that Microsoft dared to launch this piece of s..t on an unsuspecting public with such fanfare. I have had nothing but problems since installing it and cannot remember an error free day.....and it is not just one problem...there are problems with absolutely every element of of it. Trust me Mr. Gates, my next computer purchase will be anything but Windows
    : :
    :
    :

• MikeT52MikeT52 Member Posts: 3
    : : Maybe you're just (excuse me) a bad sys-admin. I'll be the first to point out XP's many secuirty or non-compatiblity problems. However, XP is a very stable and easy-to-use OS. When maintained properly, it doesn't crash, is very easy to use and performs quickly. Maybe you need a Mac.
    : : : I apologize for this message as it is no value to anyone else here but as a non-techy I wanted to know why Windows XP is to me a huge step back as OS go. I find it absolutely appalling and an absolute disgrace that Microsoft dared to launch this piece of s..t on an unsuspecting public with such fanfare. I have had nothing but problems since installing it and cannot remember an error free day.....and it is not just one problem...there are problems with absolutely every element of of it. Trust me Mr. Gates, my next computer purchase will be anything but Windows
    : : :
    I admire your diplomacy, but you must understand that whereas I am not as tech-savvy as you undoubtedly are, I probably belong to the group that accounts 90% of the people that use XP (I am a user not a a sys-admin) and if a system needs constant maintaining and updating then it just means that Microsoft are using Joe Public to save on the R&D spend that they couldn't be bothered to make....I resent paying several hundred dollars to be their guinea pig and would suggest that they wait 6 months, do a bit more R&D until they have ironed-out glitches before they roll-out operating systems next time! but I do appreciate your comments... : :
    :
    :

• sepiersepier Member Posts: 3
    well man xp needs patience. i had problems getting my xp to work correctly for about 2 (i am no sys-admin or net-prog but i know my ups and downs with os's. but keep fixing th eproblems 1 at a time and it will work after a while and you will find xp to be an interesting os
    although i recomend w-200 profesional more ;)

: : : Maybe you're just (excuse me) a bad sys-admin. I'll be the first to point out XP's many secuirty or non-compatiblity problems. However, XP is a very stable and easy-to-use OS. When maintained properly, it doesn't crash, is very easy to use and performs quickly. Maybe you need a Mac.
    : : : : I apologize for this message as it is no value to anyone else here but as a non-techy I wanted to know why Windows XP is to me a huge step back as OS go. I find it absolutely appalling and an absolute disgrace that Microsoft dared to launch this piece of s..t on an unsuspecting public with such fanfare. I have had nothing but problems since installing it and cannot remember an error free day.....and it is not just one problem...there are problems with absolutely every element of of it. Trust me Mr. Gates, my next computer purchase will be anything but Windows
    : : : :
    : I admire your diplomacy, but you must understand that whereas I am not as tech-savvy as you undoubtedly are, I probably belong to the group that accounts 90% of the people that use XP (I am a user not a a sys-admin) and if a system needs constant maintaining and updating then it just means that Microsoft are using Joe Public to save on the R&D spend that they couldn't be bothered to make....I resent paying several hundred dollars to be their guinea pig and would suggest that they wait 6 months, do a bit more R&D until they have ironed-out glitches before they roll-out operating systems next time! but I do appreciate your comments... : :
    :
    :