Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Boa Constructor Problems

iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
Ok I installed the Boa Constructor and try to open the Boa.py file.

It loads the splash screen then crashes w/ an error message thast says,

[code]

Global name 'string' not defined

[/code]

How do i fix this. Note that I am using Windows 2000 which may be a problem and python 2.3. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Ok I installed the Boa Constructor and try to open the Boa.py file.
    :
    : It loads the splash screen then crashes w/ an error message thast says,
    :
    : [code]
    :
    : Global name 'string' not defined
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : How do i fix this. Note that I am using Windows 2000 which may be a problem and python 2.3. Any help is appreciated.

I'm on Win2000 too, but I downgraded to 2.2 to try out some packages that don't work with 2.3 yet. I just reinstalled Python 2.3b1, wxPython 2.4.0.7, and boa 0.2.3. It starts up with no problem.

Looking in the Boa.py file, the string module is imported right at the top, so references to it should be ok. Hrm, any other details available?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : Ok I installed the Boa Constructor and try to open the Boa.py file.
    :
    : It loads the splash screen then crashes w/ an error message thast says,
    :
    : [code]
    :
    : Global name 'string' not defined
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : How do i fix this. Note that I am using Windows 2000 which may be a problem and python 2.3. Any help is appreciated.
    :

I removed everything and went Python 2.2. I reinstalled Boa. I was getting the same error. Next I figured out which modules were missing the import string statement and got it working to a point where Boa was erroring out through code inside wxPython libraries.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I was using an older version of Boa. Installing the newest version fixed the issues completely.

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Anyways, to make a long story short, I was using an older version of Boa. Installing the newest version fixed the issues completely.

Cool. I was a little worried there.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]