Executable? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Executable?

yamahaCalyamahaCal Posts: 16Member
I am pretty new to python and I was wondering how and if you could make a stand alone program with python, like a .exe or do I have to run all of my scripts with IDLE.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I am pretty new to python and I was wondering how and if you could make a stand alone program with python, like a .exe or do I have to run all of my scripts with IDLE.

Actually, IDLE is just a Python script too. All scripts, including IDLE, are run through the Python interpreter (python.exe or pythonw.exe). There are a couple of projects out there that achieve what you are asking by effectively bundling up your scripts with the interpreter into an executable. From what I've read, there isn't much if any performance gain since the code is still interpreted, but you do end up with a single file.

Here's one that also has references to others: http://www.computronix.com/utilities.shtml

I've never used any of these so I can't offer more specific advice.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• mojave_kidmojave_kid Posts: 3Member
    search www.sourceforge.net for the program py2exe ...

i use it to convert my .py scripts to .exe

go ! go ! go !
  • yamahaCalyamahaCal Posts: 16Member
    : search www.sourceforge.net for the program py2exe ...
    :
    : i use it to convert my .py scripts to .exe
    :
    : go ! go ! go !
    :

thats pretty cool except I can't get it to work at all -_-

Could you post a show script to use with py2exe please?

That would be great, Thanks.