Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

beginner's questions, I need your help ~ please~

Hi all,
i'm a beginner of winCE programming. recently i have to develop and application in win CE. here is my tools details:
desktop : windows 2000 with microsoft embedded visual C++3.0, active sync 3.6
palm : compaq iPAQ pocket PC(H3660) , the processor is ARM SA1110, using USB connecting to the desktop

i generated a document/view application with MFC. actually i have serveral problems:

1) i tried to build and execute the .exe file. When i build with WCE x86em, it's no problem , can show what i did. but when i build with WCE ARM (which is my target processor), it prompts the following error:

"The Windows CE Services connection server has failed.
Please make sure Windows CE Services is running and retry the download by rebuild ALL or Update Remote Output File.
Also Make sure that you have selected teh correct platform."

could anyone points out what i wrong?

2) ok , when i try to build the application by WCEx86em.
The output screen size is not the same as my pocket PC.
is it due to different processor (different kind of PC)?

3) last question , how can i sync my application to the pocketPC? i tried to add the .exe to the "my document" of the pocket PC directly . but as you can imagine, can't run (i think it is also due to inappropriate processor).

could you tell me my problem if you have any idea?
Thank you for your attention (perhaps this is a long post~).

best regards,

kenneth

Comments

• piling21piling21 Posts: 2Member
    To solve this kind of problem there is an easy way, just reboot your computer.

:
    :
    : Hi all,
    : i'm a beginner of winCE programming. recently i have to develop and application in win CE. here is my tools details:
    : desktop : windows 2000 with microsoft embedded visual C++3.0, active sync 3.6
    : palm : compaq iPAQ pocket PC(H3660) , the processor is ARM SA1110, using USB connecting to the desktop
    :
    : i generated a document/view application with MFC. actually i have serveral problems:
    :
    : 1) i tried to build and execute the .exe file. When i build with WCE x86em, it's no problem , can show what i did. but when i build with WCE ARM (which is my target processor), it prompts the following error:
    :
    : "The Windows CE Services connection server has failed.
    : Please make sure Windows CE Services is running and retry the download by rebuild ALL or Update Remote Output File.
    : Also Make sure that you have selected teh correct platform."
    :
    : could anyone points out what i wrong?
    :
    : 2) ok , when i try to build the application by WCEx86em.
    : The output screen size is not the same as my pocket PC.
    : is it due to different processor (different kind of PC)?
    :
    : 3) last question , how can i sync my application to the pocketPC? i tried to add the .exe to the "my document" of the pocket PC directly . but as you can imagine, can't run (i think it is also due to inappropriate processor).
    :
    : could you tell me my problem if you have any idea?
    : Thank you for your attention (perhaps this is a long post~).
    :
    : best regards,
    :
    : kenneth
    :