real easy question. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

real easy question.

donkyhodonkyho Posts: 99Member
I just installed VS.NET 2003 version onto a windows xp pro machine. It appears to have added 2 users to my computer(and ASP.NET user and a SQLDebugger user). What are those for and are they important or can I get rid of them?

thanks

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : I just installed VS.NET 2003 version onto a windows xp pro machine. It appears to have added 2 users to my computer(and ASP.NET user and a SQLDebugger user). What are those for and are they important or can I get rid of them?
    :
    : thanks

Yes they are important. NO don't get rid of them. You don't really need to know about the sqldebugger user (its fairly self descriptive). the asp.net user is important to know about when setting permissions on folders/files that your asp app must access. Look up security in asp and impersonation for more help.

-ray
  • VeekasVeekas Posts: 2Member
    : I just installed VS.NET 2003 version onto a windows xp pro machine. It appears to have added 2 users to my computer(and ASP.NET user and a SQLDebugger user). What are those for and are they important or can I get rid of them?
    :
    : thanks
    :