Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

moving items between list boxes

mnp13mnp13 Posts: 9Member
Hello,

I am trying to make a control similar to the ones used in .NET in the DataGrid Property builder. There is a listbox on the left and a listbox on the right with two arrows in the middle to move things between lists.

Both listboxes are being populated by databases. The one on the left holds all non-selected items, the one on the right shows the items that have been selected.

I need to move items between the boxes and then write items on the right to a database when the user clicks the save button...

Thanks!

Michelle

Comments

• larrycolvinlarrycolvin Posts: 3Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I am trying to make a control similar to the ones used in .NET in the DataGrid Property builder. There is a listbox on the left and a listbox on the right with two arrows in the middle to move things between lists.
    :
    : Both listboxes are being populated by databases. The one on the left holds all non-selected items, the one on the right shows the items that have been selected.
    :
    : I need to move items between the boxes and then write items on the right to a database when the user clicks the save button...
    :
    : Thanks!
    :
    : Michelle
    :
    :
    :
    Michelle,
    I am trying to do the same thing. If you have figured out how to do it let me know. If I figure it out before that I will let you know. In the mean time I hope someone replies with an answer.

Larry

• mnp13mnp13 Posts: 9Member
    There is a drag drop control that works in Windows forma, but I have seen nothing that works in a web page.

I reasoned out how to do this using arrays, but my theories are far beyond my programming ability. If you are interested in my ideas - perhaps you have the experience to impliment them - let me know!

Michelle
  • larrycolvinlarrycolvin Posts: 3Member
    : There is a drag drop control that works in Windows forma, but I have seen nothing that works in a web page.
    :
    : I reasoned out how to do this using arrays, but my theories are far beyond my programming ability. If you are interested in my ideas - perhaps you have the experience to impliment them - let me know!
    :
    : Michelle
    :
    Michelle,
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I have to get past a DataTable problem that my list are bound to. Then I will address the moving of items between boxes. The only difference between your page an mine is the I am providing "add all" and "remove all" also. Will let you know.

Larry