moving items between list boxes - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

moving items between list boxes

mnp13mnp13 Posts: 9Member
Hello,

I am trying to make a control similar to the ones used in .NET in the DataGrid Property builder. There is a listbox on the left and a listbox on the right with two arrows in the middle to move things between lists.

Both listboxes are being populated by databases. The one on the left holds all non-selected items, the one on the right shows the items that have been selected.

I need to move items between the boxes and then write items on the right to a database when the user clicks the save button...

Thanks!

Michelle

Comments

• larrycolvinlarrycolvin Posts: 3Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I am trying to make a control similar to the ones used in .NET in the DataGrid Property builder. There is a listbox on the left and a listbox on the right with two arrows in the middle to move things between lists.
    :
    : Both listboxes are being populated by databases. The one on the left holds all non-selected items, the one on the right shows the items that have been selected.
    :
    : I need to move items between the boxes and then write items on the right to a database when the user clicks the save button...
    :
    : Thanks!
    :
    : Michelle
    :
    :
    :
    Michelle,
    I am trying to do the same thing. If you have figured out how to do it let me know. If I figure it out before that I will let you know. In the mean time I hope someone replies with an answer.

Larry

• mnp13mnp13 Posts: 9Member
    There is a drag drop control that works in Windows forma, but I have seen nothing that works in a web page.

I reasoned out how to do this using arrays, but my theories are far beyond my programming ability. If you are interested in my ideas - perhaps you have the experience to impliment them - let me know!

Michelle
  • larrycolvinlarrycolvin Posts: 3Member
    : There is a drag drop control that works in Windows forma, but I have seen nothing that works in a web page.
    :
    : I reasoned out how to do this using arrays, but my theories are far beyond my programming ability. If you are interested in my ideas - perhaps you have the experience to impliment them - let me know!
    :
    : Michelle
    :
    Michelle,
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I have to get past a DataTable problem that my list are bound to. Then I will address the moving of items between boxes. The only difference between your page an mine is the I am providing "add all" and "remove all" also. Will let you know.

Larry