Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Refreshing Recordset In Data Environment

How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).

I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either

Please help me achieve this

Comments

• JonnyP007JonnyP007 Posts: 12Member
    : How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).
    :
    : I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either
    :
    : Please help me achieve this
    :
    :
    did you ever find a solution to this as i am facing the same problem

• tarisaitarisai Posts: 3Member
    : : How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).
    : :
    : : I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either
    : : Please help me achieve this
    : did you ever find a solution to this as i am facing the same problem
    :
    :
    I haven't. I'm still trying out a few tricks but they won't work. Perssimistic record locking is not being accepted also. Any ideas?
    : : : How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).
    : : :
    : : : I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either
    : : : Please help me achieve this
    : : did you ever find a solution to this as i am facing the same problem
    : I haven't. I'm still trying out a few tricks but they won't work. Perssimistic record locking is not being accepted also. Any ideas?
    :
    None yet. i will let you know if i find out how. have you found a way of passing variables into a SQL query eg.

dataenvironment.formulation.SQLquery

The query looked like this

Select * from Formulations where (Formulation = @text)
    with @text being the variable. do you know how to pass the parameter dynamically ?
  • tarisaitarisai Posts: 3Member
    : : : : How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).
    : : : :
    : : : : I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either
    : : : : Please help me achieve this
    : : : did you ever find a solution to this as i am facing the same problem
    : : I haven't. I'm still trying out a few tricks but they won't work. Perssimistic record locking is not being accepted also. Any ideas?
    : None yet. i will let you know if i find out how. have you found a way of passing variables into a SQL query eg.
    :
    : dataenvironment.formulation.SQLquery
    :
    : The query looked like this
    :
    : Select * from Formulations where (Formulation = @text)
    : with @text being the variable. do you know how to pass the parameter dynamically ?
    :
    This is how I do it (hope it will work for you):
    Query = "Select * From Formulations where Formulation = " & Text1 & " Order By YourOrderField"

Text1 is your variable (which I assume is dynamic) and YourOrderField is the field you use to sort your recordset. Haven't used used it with the Data Environment but I assume you may use it as:

dataenvironment.formulation.SQLquery = Query

after building the query in the string variable called Query
    : : : : : How do I refresh a recordset using the data environment in VB6? I tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.requery but nothing happens. It actually disables record navigation using code (dataenvironment.rscommand.MoveNext for example).
    : : : : :
    : : : : : I also tried using dataenvironment.rscommand.resync but it didn't work either
    : : : : : Please help me achieve this
    : : : : did you ever find a solution to this as i am facing the same problem
    : : : I haven't. I'm still trying out a few tricks but they won't work. Perssimistic record locking is not being accepted also. Any ideas?
    : : None yet. i will let you know if i find out how. have you found a way of passing variables into a SQL query eg.
    : : dataenvironment.formulation.SQLquery
    : : The query looked like this
    : : Select * from Formulations where (Formulation = @text)
    : : with @text being the variable. do you know how to pass the parameter dynamically ?
    : This is how I do it (hope it will work for you):
    : Query = "Select * From Formulations where Formulation = " & Text1 & " Order By YourOrderField"
    :
    : Text1 is your variable (which I assume is dynamic) and YourOrderField is the field you use to sort your recordset. Haven't used used it with the Data Environment but I assume you may use it as:
    :
    : dataenvironment.formulation.SQLquery = Query
    :
    : after building the query in the string variable called Query
    :
    mmmmm i am having problems acheiving this.

i tried :

dataenvironment1.rsFormulation = Query
    after building up the string but it says "Invalid Use Of Property"

i cannot directly access

dataenvironment1.Formulation.SQLQuery = Query
    it reports "Data Member Not Found" with it missing 'Formulation'

My DataEnvironment Looks Like This

DataEnvironment1
    - Formulation(Connection)
    + SQLQuery(SQL)

Any Suggestions ???

Thanks In Advance