web enable a vb application - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

web enable a vb application

learnerforeverlearnerforever Posts: 1Member
hey
i have been given an assignment to web enable a VB built application. Can some body please help me out from where to start.
desperately waiting for reply.

Comments

• matumatu Posts: 2Member

Hi ,
    So far as i understand , Web Enabling a VB application that has already been created in VB will be a little difficult or may require workarounds.
    Firstly Server based VB is constructed using IIS(Internet Information Server) programming which has an HTML Front end and the VB resides on the server(called Visual BAsic Webclasses).

Desktop based Web-Enabled VB is written in DHTML.

If i were doing this my first approach would be to create a DLL file out of the existing VB application and add it as plug-in into a new DHTML or IIS application.

I know this sounds vague but maybe could help u get started in some direction.

All the best,
    matu