Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

A couple of DelphiX questions...

MalverMalver Posts: 8Member
For games development, I've been using DelphiX primarily. It's easy and powerful, what more could you ask for? :)

Anyway, I've been having a few problems with DelphiX as of lately, so I'm here to seek some clarification.

1) When I attempt to alpha-blend using DrawAlpha (or DrawAlphaRotate), the image becomes transparent...but [b]green[/b]! Why is this happening, and how can I make it become normally transparent?

2) How do DrawSub and DrawAdd differ from DrawAlpha? They all seem to just make the drawn sprite transparent. I've heard that lighting/shadows can be done with DrawSub/DrawAdd, too. How do these two work?

Thanks for reading this. I appreciate any help that you can offer.

Comments

• dj_sanniedj_sannie Posts: 92Member
    : For games development, I've been using DelphiX primarily. It's easy and powerful, what more could you ask for? :)
    :
    : Anyway, I've been having a few problems with DelphiX as of lately, so I'm here to seek some clarification.
    :
    : 1) When I attempt to alpha-blend using DrawAlpha (or DrawAlphaRotate), the image becomes transparent...but [b]green[/b]! Why is this happening, and how can I make it become normally transparent?
    :
    : 2) How do DrawSub and DrawAdd differ from DrawAlpha? They all seem to just make the drawn sprite transparent. I've heard that lighting/shadows can be done with DrawSub/DrawAdd, too. How do these two work?
    :
    : Thanks for reading this. I appreciate any help that you can offer.
    :

hi i don't have they awnser to you're problem but why do u use DelphiX come on read book en examples.
    i'm making a 3d boardgame called othello
    my draw egine (opengl) is running
    i have made models and frames
    my timer runs on clockcycle (most accuret and highspeed);
    and my game is 47 kb instaid of more than 300 kb

It's better to write you're program whitout any wierd units
    (they could have strange errors)

so i wil give this DirectX link
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/Default.asp?contentid=28000410

Greetz

DJ Sannie

• MalverMalver Posts: 8Member
    : hi i don't have they awnser to you're problem but why do u use DelphiX come on read book en examples.

I'm using DelphiX because I don't feel like reinventing the wheel. I have an efficient and well-written DirectX component here, so why shouldn't I use it?

: i'm making a 3d boardgame called othello
    : my draw egine (opengl) is running
    : i have made models and frames
    : my timer runs on clockcycle (most accuret and highspeed);
    : and my game is 47 kb instaid of more than 300 kb

What's this for? Are you trying to brag or something? That's totally irrelevant to my post.

: It's better to write you're program whitout any wierd units
    : (they could have strange errors)

It sounds to me like you don't know much about DelphiX.
    : It sounds to me like you don't know much about DelphiX.
    :

Well that's correct. when i started programming i tried delphiX
    and geus what

My Delphi Crashed After I Installed It
    So After That I Could Reinstal My Delphi (Completely)

after this i realized that u better could do all the dirty work you're self. And if u do, the Game or Program copyrights are on you're name.
    (b.t.w Doing all the programming you're self is interesting and u wil learn alot)

Greetz

DJ Sannie

• MalverMalver Posts: 8Member
    : : It sounds to me like you don't know much about DelphiX.
    : :
    :
    : Well that's correct. when i started programming i tried delphiX
    : and geus what
    :
    : My Delphi Crashed After I Installed It

How does this relate to my questions?

: So After That I Could Reinstal My Delphi (Completely)
    :
    : after this i realized that u better could do all the dirty work you're self. And if u do, the Game or Program copyrights are on you're name.

I can legally use DelphiX and have the game copyrights in my name. You didn't know that?

: (b.t.w Doing all the programming you're self is interesting and u wil learn alot)

You don't sound like you really understand much about programming. You stated yourself that you don't know anything about DelphiX, so why would you proceed to critisize how you 'should' go about doing things?

Oh, and as a side note: Your spelling/grammar is terrible. I can barely understand what you are saying.
    : : : It sounds to me like you don't know much about DelphiX.
    : : :
    : : Well that's correct. when i started programming i tried delphiX
    : : and geus what
    : : My Delphi Crashed After I Installed It
    :
    : How does this relate to my questions?
    :
    : : So After That I Could Reinstal My Delphi (Completely)
    : : after this i realized that u better could do all the dirty work you're self. And if u do, the Game or Program copyrights are on you're name.
    :
    : I can legally use DelphiX and have the game copyrights in my name. You didn't know that?
    :
    : : (b.t.w Doing all the programming you're self is interesting and u wil learn alot)
    :
    : You don't sound like you really understand much about programming. You stated yourself that you don't know anything about DelphiX, so why would you proceed to critisize how you 'should' go about doing things?
    :
    : Oh, and as a side note: Your spelling/grammar is terrible. I can barely understand what you are saying.
    :
    U Sound a little bit mad.
    sorry but i was only trying to help.

well for you're DelphiX Stick It Up You're ...

and yes my spelling/grammar is terrible. tnx for reminding.
    (I'm from the netherlands and i have Dislection (Or How U Write It))

I won't reply on this topic or read this topic in the future.

Mzzl.
  • bikibiki Posts: 492Member
    [green]
    What is DelphiX ? Is it something like a blend of Delhi
    and DirectX ? Or is it some kind of library that Borland owns ?
    [/green]

[hr][red]~Bikram[/red]