WinSock? programming in visual basic (TCP/IP comm.) help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

WinSock? programming in visual basic (TCP/IP comm.) help

BBeennBBeenn Posts: 44Member
[b][red]This message was edited by BBeenn at 2003-6-7 8:40:51[/red][/b][hr]
Hello,
I am trying to make a program to send commands between computers. 'A Simple Instant Message Program written with Winsock' which is in the VB downloads section(http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone1/cat374/6766.htm) was along the lines of what I am trying to make with a bit of modification. It doesn't come with source however, so if anyone knows where I can get the source from of could tell me/show me where I can get info on how to make a small program like that I would be very greatful.
Thanks A lot
Benoni

Comments

• Ray2003Ray2003 Posts: 163Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by BBeenn at 2003-6-7 8:40:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello,
    : I am trying to make a program to send commands between computers. 'A Simple Instant Message Program written with Winsock' which is in the VB downloads section(http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone1/cat374/6766.htm) was along the lines of what I am trying to make with a bit of modification. It doesn't come with source however, so if anyone knows where I can get the source from of could tell me/show me where I can get info on how to make a small program like that I would be very greatful.
    : Thanks A lot
    : Benoni
    :
    :
    :
    Hey,
    I know very very much about the winsock and I made a very advanced many users chat program. (search at planet-source-code.com for 'BigChat 2.0'). I'm currently making an even more good chatprogram(and data-send program) called BigChat 3.0. The source of BigChat 2.0 is VERY VERY WELL commented (maybe too much...) :-)
    Hope you can find it and give some comments about it...
    Greets,
    Ray2003

• BBeennBBeenn Posts: 44Member
    Searched for BigChat 2.0 on Planet Source Code and search.com and couldn't find it. Would you be able to seend me a link?
    Thanks
    It won't have too many comments for me ;-) LOL
    Well...I'm not that bad but still......
    : Searched for BigChat 2.0 on Planet Source Code and search.com and couldn't find it. Would you be able to seend me a link?
    : Thanks
    : It won't have too many comments for me ;-) LOL
    : Well...I'm not that bad but still......
    :
    OK, It'll be here in 5 min.

: : Searched for BigChat 2.0 on Planet Source Code and search.com and couldn't find it. Would you be able to seend me a link?
    : : Thanks
    : : It won't have too many comments for me ;-) LOL
    : : Well...I'm not that bad but still......
    : :
    : OK, It'll be here in 5 min.
    :
    :
    :
    First link: http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=44028&lngWId=1

Second link: http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=44030&lngWId=1

Hope the links work...
    Are the same hehe... ;-)

Ray2003

Thanks
    Downloaded fine but I did notice that frmOptions is blank?????
    Is that meant to be??
    I'll send you a PM (I think you can send PMs on this forum) about how I get on.
    Thanks again
    Benoni
    : Thanks
    : Downloaded fine but I did notice that frmOptions is blank?????
    : Is that meant to be??
    : I'll send you a PM (I think you can send PMs on this forum) about how I get on.
    : Thanks again
    : Benoni
    :

Hi,
    The form is blank because I never finished the program because I now work on v3.0 :-D
    PS: What's a PM?
    Greets,
    Ray2003

Sorry I have been so long in replying. Your program has been a great help - Thanks.
    A PM is a private message - I use the vBulletin board most and that is what sending messages to only one user is called.
    Benoni
    A couple of questions about WinSock, would you (or anyone else) be able to try and answer them:
    1. How would you send data from an image/picture box between computers or copy any type of files between computers?
    2. If you click a button to send a large amount of data, and then a button to send a small amount of data, does WinSock send the big file first, then the small one, or does it send them symeltaniousally?
    3. What are the different values for the status of a WinSock control?

Thanks A lot