adsl synchronizaton - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

adsl synchronizaton

behemoth666behemoth666 Posts: 2Member
i'm a newbie at linux and i'm trying to make my adsl connection work.
i istalled the right driver and i used the automatic configuration tool but when i run "startmodem" it tells me i have problems whith the synchronization. what the hell do i have to do?

Comments

• thryllkillthryllkill Posts: 11Member
    : i'm a newbie at linux and i'm trying to make my adsl connection work.
    : i istalled the right driver and i used the automatic configuration tool but when i run "startmodem" it tells me i have problems whith the synchronization. what the hell do i have to do?
    :

it might really help people to help you if we knew a little more information. What is the brand and model of your modem, what is the distro you are using, and maybe a little info about your computer.
  • jeweljewel Posts: 52Member
    : : i'm a newbie at linux and i'm trying to make my adsl connection work.
    : : i istalled the right driver and i used the automatic configuration tool but when i run "startmodem" it tells me i have problems whith the synchronization. what the hell do i have to do?
    : :
    :
    : it might really help people to help you if we knew a little more information. What is the brand and model of your modem, what is the distro you are using, and maybe a little info about your computer.
    :

Have a look at www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe

• behemoth666behemoth666 Posts: 2Member
    ok thank you very much!!

but now i decided to install radhat9 and i hope it won't cause me any ADSL problem anymore!

on linuxdesktop.it i understood everything i needed! it was a synch problem so i'm ok by now!