Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

problems with logon password

joyblankojoyblanko Member Posts: 1
Hi,
During XP Pro installation, i wasn't asked any user password, but i created a new user (Blanko). after installation i couldn't logon on because the system asked for a password to the user Blanko. how do i go over this problem. or how to i reinstall the OS?

Comments

• Edgyr51Edgyr51 Member Posts: 25
    It ask for a password ... but if you didn't give one just leave it blank because it doesn't need one.

Don't reinstall just because of that !!

The install didn't ask you for an administrator password ?

If you have the welcome sreen enable in XP and the administrator account doesn't show up, you need to retrive the standard Windows 2000 logon dialog by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice at the Welcome screen.

I hope it help...
  • ppkppk Member Posts: 27
    : Hi,
    : During XP Pro installation, i wasn't asked any user password, but i created a new user (Blanko). after installation i couldn't logon on because the system asked for a password to the user Blanko. how do i go over this problem. or how to i reinstall the OS?
    :
    hey
    have you tried not entering a password and continuing to logon?
  • ppkppk Member Posts: 27
    : : Hi,
    : : During XP Pro installation, i wasn't asked any user password, but i created a new user (Blanko). after installation i couldn't logon on because the system asked for a password to the user Blanko. how do i go over this problem. or how to i reinstall the OS?
    : :
    if you have then try this:
    i know that this works for the home edition, but give it a try:
    restart your PC, on startup press F8 continuasly until a screen with 'safe mode' written on it comes up, press enter while continually pressing F8, you should then eventually come to the windows logon screen where there should be your user account and the 'Administrator' account, go into that one and change the password from there.
    if you get any messages coming up between the 'safe mode' screen and the windows 'logon' screen just press enter on whatever one it is on
    i hope that this will help you