Display a MessageBox before login? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Display a MessageBox before login?

I have written a program that I have since scheduled to run as a task at Windows startup (it's going to run on Windows XP or Windows 2000 Server). It checks for various files and pulls out some configuration information before continuing with its execution. The problem is that since Windows XP/2000 starts the program before anyone has a chance to log on none of my MessageBoxes pop-up. If I start my program by hand after logging in all the MessageBoxes I expect to appear pop-up just fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to get these MessageBoxes to appear on the logon screen, before anyone actually logs in?

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    Uh.. You are going to release the kind of horror you haven't seen before :)

What you have to do is to make custom GINA.DLL. Then you have to hook your gina to original gina. It's pretty ugly thing. I've written such a DLL some time ago and I think I lost half of my hair because of that project.

But look MSDN and SDK for more information. And if you really want to implement your own gina I try to help as much as I can.

: I have written a program that I have since scheduled to run as a task at Windows startup (it's going to run on Windows XP or Windows 2000 Server). It checks for various files and pulls out some configuration information before continuing with its execution. The problem is that since Windows XP/2000 starts the program before anyone has a chance to log on none of my MessageBoxes pop-up. If I start my program by hand after logging in all the MessageBoxes I expect to appear pop-up just fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to get these MessageBoxes to appear on the logon screen, before anyone actually logs in?
    :