Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Another New Person

NytbladeNytblade Member Posts: 56
I feel I'm pretty good with C++. I've done (like all learners) console mode applications, and I've dived into Windows Programming with Visual C++ 6.0. I'm ready to start learning game programming, and I was wondering what should I learn: DirectX or OpenGL? Where can I find tutorials on either of them or download the libraries/files neccessary to create programs with them

--Nytblade

Comments

• KayDeeKayDee Member Posts: 111
    : I feel I'm pretty good with C++. I've done (like all learners) console mode applications, and I've dived into Windows Programming with Visual C++ 6.0. I'm ready to start learning game programming, and I was wondering what should I learn: DirectX or OpenGL? Where can I find tutorials on either of them or download the libraries/files neccessary to create programs with them
    :
    : --Nytblade
    :
    Hello again Nytblade! ;)

My C++ is far from good enough for game programming atm...but I'm quite fond of: http://nehe.gamedev.net/ and the openGL tuts there :) (downloadable VC++ code there as well) enjoy!
    [red]K[/red][blue]ay[/blue][red]D[/red][blue]ee[/blue]

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : I feel I'm pretty good with C++. I've done (like all learners) console mode applications, and I've dived into Windows Programming with Visual C++ 6.0. I'm ready to start learning game programming, and I was wondering what should I learn: DirectX or OpenGL? Where can I find tutorials on either of them or download the libraries/files neccessary to create programs with them
    :
    : --Nytblade
    :
    [blue]If you want to do 3d games you can get the DirectX9 SDK free from Microsoft. It very large so if you have a slow modem you will probably want to get it on CD for just a couple $$. It is definetly NOT for beginners. [/blue]