win95 help 6502 assembly programmer ? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

win95 help 6502 assembly programmer ?

Do you know any information that is helpful for poor

6502 assembly programmer like me. Are there Any better tool or

enviroment support classic TV video game programming

in current window95 century ?

any opinions, please mail me [email protected]

Comments

• : why using raw asm!?

: when there isn't any differens at all in execution-speed on todays computers?

: you can hardly tell by hand which program is written in c++ or just asm .. when

: both of them do what they are supposed to in a microsecond..

Writing entire programs in ASM is probably a waste

of time. But in certains programs(games for example)

you can definately get a speed increase by

writing the most processor intensive part of the

program in ASM. You should therefore analyze your

code and find out which part(s) demand most processor

time and write those parts in ASM and the rest in

for example c/c++

• Some things are just not possible to be written in C. Those might be bootstraps, portions of OS kernels, and device drivers. For these things, you have no choice but to at some point use assembly.

You have complete control over the machine at the assembly level, so you can do really cool things. On the other hand, you can also really fuck things up!

• Some things are just not possible to be written in C. Those might be bootstraps, portions of OS kernels, and device drivers. For these things, you have no choice but to at some point use assembly.

You have complete control over the machine at the assembly level, so you can do really cool things. On the other hand, you can also really fuck things up!

: you can hardly tell by hand which program is written in c++ or just asm .. when

Sometime you have to write code in asm, cause C/C++ won't give you that control of the machine that you need. Bootstraps and stuff has to be written in assembly-language. And, you are wrong, _real_ code is faster than code written C/C++.

• Well...even though I rarely notice the _speed_ difference between C and assembly programs, the _size_ is easy enough to calculate. It probably isn't much of an issue to most people, but it's something of a sore spot for me--probably because I have a VERY slow Internet connection. And, I dunno...some nutty people (like myself) just think it's fun to write assembly programs that _work_. A curiosity, I suppose.

The way I think I understand it is, higher level languages are actually written as a collection of bundled up assembler code.

URL:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4562