Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

100Mbps communication

seenaseena Posts: 15Member
hi,
i have problem that i have embedded device which generates data at the rate of 50Mbps.
but main problems is that i need to store it in my computer for analysis.
so how can i achieve this.
can do it using serial port/parallel port
plz help me out.

Comments

• surksurk Posts: 1Member
    Hi Seena,
    This is not a solution for your problem, rather a request to you to help me also. Could you please send a copy of a solution if you are getting one?
    Because I am also facing a similar problem, in which data rate is upto 30Mbps. I can tell you that fast serial communication is possible to tackle 50Mbps or more...
    my id is: surk_tvm@yahoo.com
    Hope you will help me...
    bye..

: hi,
    : i have problem that i have embedded device which generates data at the rate of 50Mbps.
    : but main problems is that i need to store it in my computer for analysis.
    : so how can i achieve this.
    : can do it using serial port/parallel port
    : plz help me out.
    :
    :
    :

• Mikael_SwedenMikael_Sweden Posts: 5Member
    The serial/parallell ports cannot handle 50Mbps. My best guess is that you have to use ethernet or - better - USB 2.0 or FireWire. The later is better because it's much easier to write a custom device driver (for Windows) to collect the data.

/Mikael