Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

installing linux?

hi,

if i wanted to keep win98 and have linux installed so i could do a duel boot, how would i set up the partitions? i'm using redhat linux 5.2 and i'd like to get started programming for linux.

Comments

• : if i wanted to keep win98 and have linux installed so i could do a duel boot, how would i set up the partitions? i'm using redhat linux 5.2 and i'd like to get started programming for linux.

it's 2easy. r they both on the same hard drive? how big is/are it/they? do u plan2 use linux a LOT and win98 a little, vice versa, or about half and half? i think i could help...

• U could use Linux Loader(Lilo) which has dual boot

option. It works fine for me and you can change

default boot configuration once you have installed

linux.

Rgds,

Aamer.

: : if i wanted to keep win98 and have linux installed so i could do a duel boot, how would i set up the partitions? i'm using redhat linux 5.2 and i'd like to get started programming for linux.

: it's 2easy. r they both on the same hard drive? how big is/are it/they? do u plan2 use linux a LOT and win98 a little, vice versa, or about half and half? i think i could help...

• There are MANY MANY disk splitting programs, use FIPS the one with linux redhat... it's in the DOSUTILS directory,a good idea might to read the docs in DOSUTILSFIPSDOCS first. It's command-line operated so you might want to invest in a boot partioning program that is more reliable and flexible, like Boot Commander. For a boot choosinmg program, lilo is ok, but i found a great one at www.bootmenu.com (hehhehhe :) )

have fun, cause I lost me linux cd and I wanrt linux!!! waaahhh!!!!

ryan verner