Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to modify the standard Open Dialog?

CarstenCarsten Member Posts: 2
[b][red]This message was edited by Carsten at 2003-5-21 0:32:4[/red][/b][hr]
Hi all,

I want to add a preview panel to the open dialog in order to display some additional information from special data files. It is not about a picture preview or so, so I can't use the standard open picture dialog.

Platform is WinXP, but the allpication shall also run on Win98 and WinNT.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Carsten

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Carsten at 2003-5-21 0:32:4[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I want to add a preview panel to the open dialog in order to display some additional information from special data files. It is not about a picture preview or so, so I can't use the standard open picture dialog.
    :
    : Platform is WinXP, but the allpication shall also run on Win98 and WinNT.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    :
    : Best regards
    :
    : Carsten
    :
    There is no way to modify the standard dialog box, because that is a component, which is pulled from a windows standard library. You need to create your own open dialog box for this.
    The easiest way is to create an older style dialog box using some of the components in the win3.11 page. These include the TDriveComboBox, TDirectoryListBox, TFileListBox, and TFilterComboBox.
    For a new style dialog box, you'll probably need to use a TOleContainer with an explorer COM control in it.
  • CarstenCarsten Member Posts: 2
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Carsten at 2003-5-21 0:32:4[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi all,
    : :
    : : I want to add a preview panel to the open dialog in order to display some additional information from special data files. It is not about a picture preview or so, so I can't use the standard open picture dialog.
    : : Platform is WinXP, but the allpication shall also run on Win98 and WinNT.
    : : Any ideas?
    : : Best regards
    : : Carsten
    : There is no way to modify the standard dialog box, because that is a component, which is pulled from a windows standard library. You need to create your own open dialog box for this.
    : The easiest way is to create an older style dialog box using some of the components in the win3.11 page. These include the TDriveComboBox, TDirectoryListBox, TFileListBox, and TFilterComboBox.
    : For a new style dialog box, you'll probably need to use a TOleContainer with an explorer COM control in it.
    :

Not very good news, I must admit. Nevertheless, thank you very much.

Carsten