Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to start

Hey all,

I'm a proficient C/C++ code and would like to develop for my new toy (P3x). What tool would I need? Where can I get them from?

TIA

-Khushil

Comments

• Start at palm.com. Sign up as a solution provider. From there follow the link to get Codewarrior Lite - IT'S FREE. Hope this helps.

: Hey all,

: I'm a proficient C/C++ code and would like to develop for my new toy (P3x). What tool would I need? Where can I get them from?

: TIA

: -Khushil

:

• CodeMaster76CodeMaster76 Posts: 2Member
    Hey I am on the same boat as you are.. I am really interested in devoloping for my Palm. So I went out there and bought a book "Palm OS Programming from the Ground Up" and reading it. The book is okay but I think it can be better. Is there any Palm guru who can direct us novices to the right direction. Give us some advise what to book to read and how to really get started. THX..

• MagesMages Posts: 8Member
    Hi, you can start from websites like palmit.com, palm.com. Besides that you can also look for books like SAMS Teach Yourself Palm Programming in 24 Hours. Thats how I learned my Palm Pilot Programming. This books covers about palm architecture and three different software which can be used to Palm programming. So Good Luck.

: Hey I am on the same boat as you are.. I am really interested in devoloping for my Palm. So I went out there and bought a book "Palm OS Programming from the Ground Up" and reading it. The book is okay but I think it can be better. Is there any Palm guru who can direct us novices to the right direction. Give us some advise what to book to read and how to really get started. THX..
    :

• retrogeekretrogeek Posts: 93Member
    : Hey all,
    : I'm a proficient C/C++ code and would like to develop for my new toy (P3x). What tool would I need? Where can I get them from?

: TIA

: -Khushil
    :
    :

Try PocketC. The early versions compile "applets" that must be run inside the PocketC runtime, but the later versions produce stand-alone apps.

http://www.orbworks.com/

Enjoy!

rg