Porogramming Language - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Porogramming Language

What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?

Comments

• : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?

As far as I know, Pilot-Programs are written in C. Although

it's not the real C it looks pretty much like that.

• If you got to palm.com and sign up as a solution provider, you can get an emulator and ROMs. Once you're signed up, you can follow a link to get Codewarrior Lite - IT'S FREE. As I recall, Codewarrior was first developed for programming the Mac. Hope this helps.

: : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?

: As far as I know, Pilot-Programs are written in C. Although

: it's not the real C it looks pretty much like that.

:

:

• : If you got to palm.com and sign up as a solution provider, you can get an emulator and ROMs. Once you're signed up, you can follow a link to get Codewarrior Lite - IT'S FREE. As I recall, Codewarrior was first developed for programming the Mac. Hope this helps.
    :
    : : : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?
    : : As far as I know, Pilot-Programs are written in C. Although
    : : it's not the real C it looks pretty much like that.
    :
    : :
    :
    :
    :
    It's ANSI C like, but than with some reserved words and inbuild database functions ;-) .. (I prefer GCC for Palm, but than again I will still be a linux freak)

• : : If you got to palm.com and sign up as a solution provider, you can get an emulator and ROMs. Once you're signed up, you can follow a link to get Codewarrior Lite - IT'S FREE. As I recall, Codewarrior was first developed for programming the Mac. Hope this helps.
    : : : : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?
    : : : As far as I know, Pilot-Programs are written in C. Although
    : : : it's not the real C it looks pretty much like that.
    : : :
    : It's ANSI C like, but than with some reserved words and inbuild database functions ;-) .. (I prefer GCC for Palm, but than again I will still be a linux freak)
    :
    :

gcc's code is larger ten Codewarrior when it comes to palm programming. Hence codewarrior is used.
    Put linux on the palm - simple solution - lol.

• : : If you got to palm.com and sign up as a solution provider, you can get an emulator and ROMs. Once you're signed up, you can follow a link to get Codewarrior Lite - IT'S FREE. As I recall, Codewarrior was first developed for programming the Mac. Hope this helps.
    : : : : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?
    : : : As far as I know, Pilot-Programs are written in C. Although
    : : : it's not the real C it looks pretty much like that.
    : It's ANSI C like, but than with some reserved words and inbuild database functions ;-) .. (I prefer GCC for Palm, but than again I will still be a linux freak)
    :
    :

gcc's code is larger ten Codewarrior when it comes to palm programming. Hence codewarrior is used.
    Put linux on the palm - simple solution - lol.

• : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?
    :
    :
    :

There is also a small C resident compiler available shareware. I think it's called "PocketC".

Enjoy!

Al

• MagesMages Posts: 8Member
    : What language are the PalmPilot programs written in?
    :
    :
    :
    Hi, you can use pendagron, satellite forms or code warrior. As for me i fell satellite forms is much more easier to use and powerful too.

• RavenRaven Posts: 59Member
    has anyone tried programming java for palm/ if so ow?
    all tips, advice, links, help, etc are greatly appreciated.
    I am using borland builder 4.
    thank you all,
    raven

• thorthor Posts: 14Member
    :
    You can also use a form of Basic when using NS Basic. There are some compilers that let you program in Java, but I cannot remember where they are. Since I know basic, I bought the NS Basic compiler and I am happy with it.
    :
    :
    :

• grim2020grim2020 Posts: 3Member
    :
    :
    :
    :
    There is also a Visual Basic addin called Appforge. For those of use who haven't learned C, or any of it's offshoots, it is a very simple method of writing apps for the Palm. It comes with it's own automated conduit setup and seems to work very well for Hotsyncing to any ODBC compliant source you might have.

Go to appforge.com and check it out.

I've tried Satellite Forms and the IIS server requirement and multiple rebuilds for minor changes just frustrated me. Appforge has no other requirements other than Visual Basic and the code can be tested within Windows without the use of an emulator.