Foregin Key in SQL - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Foregin Key in SQL

DimDimDimDim Posts: 7Member
Can someone tell me how to write a Foreign key statement in SQL for MS Access between a int in one table and a Counter that is the PRIMARY KEY for the other table

Comments

• HappelHappel Posts: 42Member
    : Can someone tell me how to write a Foreign key statement in SQL for MS Access between a int in one table and a Counter that is the PRIMARY KEY for the other table
    :

Don't think that is possible, COUNTER is of type LONG.
    Anyway, I you get it working then your
    DBMS isn't the one I would use ;-)

You'll always end up with problems..
  • DimDimDimDim Posts: 7Member
    : : Can someone tell me how to write a Foreign key statement in SQL for MS Access between a int in one table and a Counter that is the PRIMARY KEY for the other table
    : :
    :
    : Don't think that is possible, COUNTER is of type LONG.
    : Anyway, I you get it working then your
    : DBMS isn't the one I would use ;-)
    :
    : You'll always end up with problems..
    :

I solved the problem my self by first Creating the Table and the altering it to add the Foreign Key