sending objects - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

sending objects

outlawhackeroutlawhacker Posts: 29Member
I want to send objects (packets??) from a client to server and vice versa. I've been told that I could create a dll-file to be able to send objects(?).
I've been searching the net but I don't really know what to look for??

I want to send different types, like int and string, and on the server side I use datareader to get the things I want from the object. (I'm using a database on the server side)

I would appreciate it sooooo much if someone could help me or at least say something like: you're way off, man! :-/

Comments

• Dazed66Dazed66 Posts: 77Member
    : I want to send objects (packets??) from a client to server and vice versa. I've been told that I could create a dll-file to be able to send objects(?).
    : I've been searching the net but I don't really know what to look for??
    :
    : I want to send different types, like int and string, and on the server side I use datareader to get the things I want from the object. (I'm using a database on the server side)
    :
    : I would appreciate it sooooo much if someone could help me or at least say something like: you're way off, man! :-/
    :

This can be done using either sockets or .NET remoting. I have never used remoting but here is a link to some information. At the bottom of the page is a sample of remoting.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/hawkremoting.asp