Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

sending objects

outlawhackeroutlawhacker Posts: 29Member
I want to send objects (packets??) from a client to server and vice versa. I've been told that I could create a dll-file to be able to send objects(?).
I've been searching the net but I don't really know what to look for??

I want to send different types, like int and string, and on the server side I use datareader to get the things I want from the object. (I'm using a database on the server side)

I would appreciate it sooooo much if someone could help me or at least say something like: you're way off, man! :-/

Comments

• Dazed66Dazed66 Posts: 77Member
    : I want to send objects (packets??) from a client to server and vice versa. I've been told that I could create a dll-file to be able to send objects(?).
    : I've been searching the net but I don't really know what to look for??
    :
    : I want to send different types, like int and string, and on the server side I use datareader to get the things I want from the object. (I'm using a database on the server side)
    :
    : I would appreciate it sooooo much if someone could help me or at least say something like: you're way off, man! :-/
    :

This can be done using either sockets or .NET remoting. I have never used remoting but here is a link to some information. At the bottom of the page is a sample of remoting.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/hawkremoting.asp