Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Someone please explain...

Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

NoCodeNoProgramming

Comments

• : Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

: a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

: find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

: NoCodeNoProgramming

Agreed.

It's called trial and error people, I had to make my own MP3 player from scratch, that meant making an audio engine, then learning the audio file structure of MP3s, took me 5 months but mine runs just as well as Winamp with a few extras that I threw in for fun...

• : : Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

: : a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

: : find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

: : NoCodeNoProgramming

: Agreed.

: It's called trial and error people, I had to make my own MP3 player from scratch, that meant making an audio engine, then learning the audio file structure of MP3s, took me 5 months but mine runs just as well as Winamp with a few extras that I threw in for fun...

Where can I find your player?

If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

Please?

I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

• :

: Where can I find your player?

: If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: Please?

: I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

Ha! Maybe a wish list to Santa might help.

And some milk and cookies.

• : :

: : Where can I find your player?

: : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : Please?

: : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

:

: Ha! Maybe a wish list to Santa might help.

: And some milk and cookies.

I don't think that's very friendly of you, is it?

• : : :

: : : Where can I find your player?

: : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : Please?

: : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

At least this is productive.

• : : : :

: : : : Where can I find your player?

: : : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : : Please?

: : : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

:

: I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

: Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

: is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

: Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

: encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

: someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

: At least this is productive.

Hmm, yeah sorry Mike but I gotta agree with NoCode, I didn't do all of that work so that I can just give it to anyone that asks...

But I can tell you that yes I first wrote it in VB and used the windows media player 2's OCX to play the MP3s, but then it just got too slow, so I wrote a DLL in VC++ to decode the MP3s and got the player to use the DLL as a decoder. I'm not releasing my player soon, I have some stuff to work out, it has probs with some soundcards and I'm still converting the VB part to C++ so that I don't have to package dependency files with it. But I'm currently working on other things right now, mainly GB programming, but I'll post here if I decide to release my player. It's called MPX btw.

• : : : : :

: : : : : Where can I find your player?

: : : : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : : : Please?

: : : : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

: :

: : I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

: : Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

: : is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: : has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: : anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

: : Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

: : encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

: : someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

: : At least this is productive.

: Hmm, yeah sorry Mike but I gotta agree with NoCode, I didn't do all of that work so that I can just give it to anyone that asks...

: But I can tell you that yes I first wrote it in VB and used the windows media player 2's OCX to play the MP3s, but then it just got too slow, so I wrote a DLL in VC++ to decode the MP3s and got the player to use the DLL as a decoder. I'm not releasing my player soon, I have some stuff to work out, it has probs with some soundcards and I'm still converting the VB part to C++ so that I don't have to package dependency files with it. But I'm currently working on other things right now, mainly GB programming, but I'll post here if I decide to release my player. It's called MPX btw.

Maybe you're wright

but, if I don't get code from someone, how can I learn programmig ?

I allready found how to play an mp3 (in VB)

but I can't "pause" it nor "rewind" or "forward"

I've done it with the OCX SimpleMultiMedia

What do you mean it beeing slowly in VB?

• :I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: : : has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: : : anyone who asks.

I'm agree with NoCode, but we need the MP3 format to start working.

I'm looking for the format for about 3 month without success, and want to work by myself but the format is the start point.

Please provide us a link to the format.