Flip Screen Programmatically in Windows CE? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Flip Screen Programmatically in Windows CE?

I'm currently working with eVB on a Windows CE platform to be used on NEC 790 machines. These machines have a feature in which the screen can be flipped with a hotkey to make life easier when capturing signatures at face to face meetings. I'm investigating options in which the screen can be flipped programmatically through eVB rather than using the hotkey, but am having no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
dbx

Comments

• mossoftmossoft Posts: 1Member
    I have heard that, on some devices you can do it with a small registry hack. Look for a registry key: "HKLMDriversDisplayMQ200" and change the value of "Rotate" from 0 to 1.
    Haven't seen it work yet!!

HTH

M :-)
  • dbx_unitdbx_unit Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried the registry hack, but I was lucky enough to hear back from NEC directly on how to do this. It turns out that there's an .exe in the windows directory on NEC 790 machines (and probably other devices) called "rttimg.exe" that you can run from code to flip the screen.
    This is what was done:

Public Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Coredll" Alias "CreateProcessW"
    (ByVal lpApplicationName As String, ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal
    lpProcessAttributes As Long, ByVal lpThreadAttribute As Long, ByVal
    bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long, ByVal lpEnvironment
    As Long, ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As Long, ByVal lpStatupInfo As Long, ByVal
    lpProcessInformation As Long) As Boolean

And the event code:

Private Sub CmdFlip_Click()
    Dim retval As Boolean
    retval = CreateProcess("Windows
    ttimg.exe", "", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
    If Not retval Then
    MsgBox "This function will only work on a NEC MobilePro CE Unit.",
    vbCritical, "Error flipping screen!"
    End If
    End Sub

Hope this helps somebody.

: I have heard that, on some devices you can do it with a small registry hack. Look for a registry key: "HKLMDriversDisplayMQ200" and change the value of "Rotate" from 0 to 1.
    : Haven't seen it work yet!!
    :
    : HTH
    :
    : M :-)
    :