Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

what's visual programming languages in linux?

rezatjrezatj Posts: 8Member
hi
i want to program under linux, but i don't know any visual programming language under it (such as delphi ,Visual C++ and so on under windows)
please help me.
thank you

Comments

• chavidchavid Posts: 3Member
    : hi
    : i want to program under linux, but i don't know any visual programming language under it (such as delphi ,Visual C++ and so on under windows)
    : please help me.
    : thank you
    :

well, there is tcl/tk. that is visual. gtk and perl also. i think those are right. i dunno. donmt get mad if they arn't, im fairly new to linux as well.
  • fedfed Posts: 18Member
    : hi
    : i want to program under linux, but i don't know any visual programming language under it (such as delphi ,Visual C++ and so on under windows)
    : please help me.
    : thank you
    :

Kylix is pretty "visual", hehe.

But get rid of those visual annoyments, it's just waste of time, and no Delphi can make you real programmer.

The best visual thing to edit your programs is [b]vi[/b].

The best way of learning programming is thinking, reading Knuth (he doesn't use those niceties), and implementing [b]your[/b] thoughts, instead of just rearranging those of Borland, M$ etc...

True programmers don't click mouse. They use spartan consoles.

Oh, and, finally, don't use any programming language except K&R C and assembly for any serious project. For not so serious ones you can use Perl.
  • veliusvelius Posts: 456Member
    If your using C++ then the best to use is Trolltech's Qt library. It is usable under all x11 and Win32 platforms.

[hr]
    When it came down to it I dropped everything and ran.
    -Ramza Final Fantasy Tactics

• jbowers9jbowers9 Posts: 8Member
    : : hi
    : : i want to program under linux, but i don't know any visual programming language under it (such as delphi ,Visual C++ and so on under windows)
    : : please help me.
    : : thank you
    : :
    :
    : Kylix is pretty "visual", hehe.
    :
    : But get rid of those visual annoyments, it's just waste of time, and no Delphi can make you real programmer.
    :
    : The best visual thing to edit your programs is [b]vi[/b].
    :
    : The best way of learning programming is thinking, reading Knuth (he doesn't use those niceties), and implementing [b]your[/b] thoughts, instead of just rearranging those of Borland, M$ etc...
    :
    : True programmers don't click mouse. They use spartan consoles.
    :
    : Oh, and, finally, don't use any programming language except K&R C and assembly for any serious project. For not so serious ones you can use Perl.
    :

i do c/c++ programming and although i'm nowhere near the pedigree of the boys/girls at nasa or sandia i can't stand vi. id rather code in wordpad and upload the source code in text format and then use vi to iron the kinks out rather than work exclusively in vi. why should i clutter up my skull-case w/numerous keyboard commands of dubious worth when i could be using it more productively to deal w/the solution to a problem, i.e. "a program". my formal training is in a hard science - chemistry - and trust me, we don't pull rank on each other over who's using burettes vs. who's using a pipetteman. that's as nutty as having alembic envy. happy coding campers!
  • fedfed Posts: 18Member
    : i do c/c++ programming and although i'm nowhere near the pedigree of the boys/girls at nasa or sandia i can't stand vi. id rather code in wordpad and upload the source code in text format and then use vi to iron the kinks out rather than work exclusively in vi. why should i clutter up my skull-case w/numerous keyboard commands of dubious worth when i could be using it more productively to deal w/the solution to a problem, i.e. "a program". my formal training is in a hard science - chemistry - and trust me, we don't pull rank on each other over who's using burettes vs. who's using a pipetteman. that's as nutty as having alembic envy. happy coding campers!
    :

If you started using vi, you would then get stuck to it.

If you started using emacs, it's also an editor of choice.

But how do you use wordpad on Linux? I would rather believe you user Kate or a similar thing like gEdit... WordPad is not a thing for programming.

You can also consider mcedit.