Establishing GPRS connection - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Establishing GPRS connection

weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
[b][red]This message was edited by weicco at 2003-5-13 2:52:22[/red][/b][hr]
Hi.

I'm working on a project which has to establish GPRS connection with AT commands. Software is supposed to run on Windows CE.

I have written a small terminal software and I can send AT commands to modem and read responses. Everything works fine, I can make calls and send SMS stuff and things like that.

But now I'm facing problems with GPRS. I've managed to set correct settings with AT+CGDCONT message and I can set up somekind of connection with AT+CGATT & AT+CGDATA. I get an IP address from the other end and things look to go well. But when I open browser (IE) it gives me an error that it can't make connection to server. I go to Internet Options, set connection to GPRS, try again and still not connection to server. Any ideas what goes wrong in here or am I totally missing something?

Then I tried another approach (or I don't know if this really is another approach, I'm not really familiar with GPRS). I send ATD*99# to modem (*99# is the number I'm supposed to call). Modem tells me CONNECT 57600 and gives unsoliticied result code +CREG: 1,1 (connection to home network). But after few seconds I get NO CARRIER message. Is there something I must send after CONNECT xxx part or what?

Any answers and ideas are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I did some research and came to conclusion that I need to alter routing table. Am I right?

Comments

• xjtuandrewxjtuandrew Posts: 1Member
    You can realize Sending SMS and Making Call. I am doing the same thing and meet some difficult. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using the Pocket PC2002 to develop a program to make call through the GSM/CDMA modem. My problem is the serial port problem. When I send the AT command to the serial port,I cannot get the reply. No response from the serial port. But from the super terminal, I can operate the GSM/CDMA modem correctly. How I can solve this problem?
    Thanks a lot

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    Hmm.. Are you sure you are using the port and rigth port settings? My code just opens port to COM5: with CreateFile, calls SetCommState and SetCommTimeouts, starts thread that calls SetCommMask with EV_RXCHAR flag and reads port with ReadFile. If that goes well I just send "AT
    " (with WriteFile) to modem and it answers with "
    OK
    " string. Did you remember to add
    at the end of your command string?

: You can realize Sending SMS and Making Call. I am doing the same thing and meet some difficult. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using the Pocket PC2002 to develop a program to make call through the GSM/CDMA modem. My problem is the serial port problem. When I send the AT command to the serial port,I cannot get the reply. No response from the serial port. But from the super terminal, I can operate the GSM/CDMA modem correctly. How I can solve this problem?
    : Thanks a lot
    :
    :
    :

• harveywangharveywang Posts: 1Member
    1) You need link your COM5 serial port device driver to Microsoft RAS service
    2) uses RAS to dial up the remote server in the Internet
    e.g.
    RasEnumConnections (...)
    RasHangUp (...)
    // Try to establish a RAS connection.
    if ((dwError = RasDial (
    NULL, // Extension is not supported in Windows CE
    NULL, // Phone book is in the registry
    &RasDialParams, // RAS configuration for the connection
    0xFFFFFFFF, // Must use this value for Windows CE
    hDlgWnd, // Window receives the notification message
    &hRasConn)) != 0) // Connection handle

• rammururammuru Posts: 2Member
    Dear Developers

I am developing application in similar area. Could you send me sample application will be great help to me? Thanks

• edbzedbz Posts: 4Member
    give your email where i can send samples
    thank u
  • onur_yuce98onur_yuce98 Posts: 1Member
    : give your email where i can send samples
    : thank u
    :
    Hi,I saw your writings and recently I am also workıng on GPRS same sort of thing. I wonder do anyone has a sample code on establıshıng GPRS connection. If so here is my mailing adress:[email protected]
    Thanks a lot!
  • rammururammuru Posts: 2Member
    please send me [email protected] Million thanks for your help

Thanks and best regards
    Muru